Nugget Shooter Forums

Haven't found gold in eleven days. Getting up at 4am and get a few hours in before that 107 heat. Wish me luck!ūüėĀ

I NEED A NUGGET!ūüėā

• Like 12

Well, have you abandoned poor Bill to work while you have fun???

good luck!

fred

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good luck! Start drinking water NOW!
Tom H.

• Like 4

Good luck Nugget "Gold Fever" Shooterette, I feel you on the heat, here we've been having 95 to 98 degree days for the last several days and for the next several days as well, while that's not 107, but with our high humidity the heat index is 104 to 108 degrees and I'm out working in it everyday for about 9 to 10 hours a day!! :desertsmile: :th:

Drink lots of fluids!!!  :oregonian_winesmiley:, that's gatorade in the bottle!! :brows:  :inocent:

• Like 2
  • wow 2

I know where ya can find GOLD.
Look in Bill's nugget bottle !

:inocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Hmmmmmm 1

SOMEEEEEBODY'S  GOOOOOT THE FEEEEEEVER  .... LOL.

Good luck out there!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, frank c said:

:inocent:

:shhhhh:

• Irritated 1

4 hours ago, frank c said:

Find out where he hides his magic nickel -- it seems to usually have gold nearby.

Nugget Shooterette, enjoy a safe and successful excursion. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mike C... said:

:shhhhh:

Soooo Mike "the investigator"  C, I know Frank is joking around, but is there something you need to say? She finds her own gold and your snide little :shhhhh: comment upset her some because she has worked hard for them. You already jumped her once over a photo issue Tom H. cleared up with the correct FaceBook photo and we laughed it off..... Now again?  What is up man? 

• Like 2
  • Irritated 1

18 hours ago, Saul R W said:

Find out where he hides his magic nickel -- it seems to usually have gold nearby.

Nugget Shooterette, enjoy a safe and successful excursion. 

Ahhhhhh, but the sacred magic nickle is hidden :89: actually I lost it somewhere in the house :tisk-tisk:

• Haha 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

18 minutes ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Ahhhhhh, but the sacred magic nickle is hidden :89: actually I lost it somewhere in the house :tisk-tisk:

Bummer.

Did either of you find gold today, or was it too hot to get out?

I got out and no gold...... One of those days, Tammy stayed home. We are going out crumb chasing tomorrow and hopefully find a bit or two. I got a small one with the EQX 800 a few days back on a early morning hunt, but just so hot by 9:00 am now :desertsmile:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Soooo Mike "the investigator"  C, I know Frank is joking around, but is there something you need to say? She finds her own gold and your snide little :shhhhh: comment upset her some because she has worked hard for them. You already jumped her once over a photo issue Tom H. cleared up with the correct FaceBook photo and we laughed it off..... Now again?  What is up man? 

I  dont need to explain anything to you-but since you asked I was just trying to give a hint to not bring it up again-See ya :luvya: Mike The Case is Closed C...:200:

5 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

I got out and no gold...... One of those days, Tammy stayed home. We are going out crumb chasing tomorrow and hopefully find a bit or two. I got a small one with the EQX 800 a few days back on a early morning hunt, but just so hot by 9:00 am now :desertsmile:

I'm telling you, Bill, the nights are still beautiful.  No worries of sunburns.  Snakes are still snoozing.  And after you find a few pieces of gold, you can lay back and look at the stars.  I love the desert nights.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andyy said:

I'm telling you, Bill, the nights are still beautiful.  No worries of sunburns.  Snakes are still snoozing.  And after you find a few pieces of gold, you can lay back and look at the stars.  I love the desert nights.

Andy I'm assuming your kidding. I'll tell ya. one of the reasons I hunted nuggets in some areas during the daytime and heat is to avoid the snakes. if there out at all, their under bushes or in the shade of boulders, make a note of that. when I used to hunt/collect snakes I always hunted them at night in the summer. that's when they love to roam as soon as the ground cools down. other than that I agree with everything else you said.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 5

On 6/23/2018 at 12:23 AM, AzNuggetBob said:

Andy I'm assuming your kidding. I'll tell ya. one of the reasons I hunted nuggets in some areas during the daytime and heat is to avoid the snakes. if there out at all, their under bushes or in the shade of boulders, make a note of that. when I used to hunt/collect snakes I always hunted them at night in the summer. that's when they love to roam as soon as the ground cools down. other than that I agree with everything else you said.
AzNuggetBob

Absolutely not kidding.  For some reason (knock on wood) I have run into far more snakes in the daytime.  I always expected to see more snakes at night too.  What you are saying makes sense.  But I will cover miles after miles stomping over bushes and through trees at night and I have never been struck or had the bejesus scared out of me with a rattlesnake near my feet.  Now certain bushes with dry leaves will rattle and make my heart jump until I realize what it is.  But I don't think it is as common at least in the areas I am going through.   My thought is that they are there but are keeping to themselves, which is fine with me.  Also, just as an added note, I am going out a LOT at night.  I am not taking about once a summer.  I am usually out every other weekend (roughly), tromping through the night.  Strangely enough, I get far more night hunts in during the year than day hunts.  I've been night hunting for a few years now.  It's just the way I like it.  Not for everybody I guess.  The only point of my rambling is that I think fear gets the best of people sometimes.  Wear the appropriate gear for whatever situation you are in.  Don't go climbing without looking above you or reaching over a ledge without seeing what is there.  

But, now that I have said this, I am sure the snake gods are going to get even with me.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

No seeriousy Andy they do travel around more at night. maybe your just not seeing them because its dark? or may also be the altitude your hunting around,Cold at night?. if its too cool you will see them in the daytime. makes you wonder how many you have walked right past don't it. lol the rodents also come out at night (food). I always wear snake leggings when I hunt at night. Ya we used to catch them, keep some for pets and donate others for research and the production of antivenom.
We would go down to the local bar get liquored up wait till about midnight and then go and hunt poisonous reptiles. It was fun, almost like getting liquored up going out and operating power tools in the dark!

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Haha 3
  • wow 1

Nice job Shooterette .

I'd wish you luck but you don't need luck when you have a teacher like Bill, Its called skills.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 4