Nugget Shooter Forums

From the looks of that gold, I don't think it has traveled anywhere at all, so where any nearby creek or wash might have been in the past has little or no part in this story.  That gold just doesn't look like it's ever taken part in any placer activity.  Decomposition of the host rock/outcrop has pretty much left the gold where Adam found it.  If it was me, I'd start busting up that outcrop to see what else pops out. 

• Like 1

Saul, Good observation, and you may be correct. I noticed the coarse rough character of the gold as well. It could also be from straight up above where it was found as well. It looks like we are going to give up a bunch of nugget hunting secrets here. :)
AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

On 6/24/2018 at 4:35 AM, AzNuggetBob said:

Saul, Good observation, and you may be correct. I noticed the coarse rough character of the gold as well. It could also be from straight up above where it was found as well. It looks like we are going to give up a bunch of nugget hunting secrets here. :)
AzNuggetBob

There are good indicators in the flora in the second photo, and in the ground.  Also, I'd like to ask Adam if he poked around any anthills and packrat nests in the immediate vicinity. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

These "indicators" you speak of, I am unaware of.... This may be the dullest ,boring ground ever. All I see is white and greyish rocks with dead and alive cactus.  I do beep anthills and pack rat nests on occasion, and have in this area.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting, aside from some light iron staining I'm not sure what Saul is seeing as well? I know some say there are indicator plants that grow in iron rich soils but I'm not seeing those in the photos? 

Edited by Desertpilot
  • Like 1

Prickly pear cactus loves high iron soil and I've found several nugget patches in prickly pear patches.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

There is also a low lying plant that dyes your shoes purple. I don't recall the name of it. but It also grows in nugget patches. I know it when I see it. the Indians used it for dye. there is another tall one it rattles like a rattle snake when its dry and you bump it. has loose beans in it.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, AzNuggetBob said:

There is also a low lying plant that dyes your shoes purple. I don't recall the name of it. but It also grows in nugget patches. I know it when I see it. the Indians used it for dye. there is another tall one it rattles like a rattle snake when its dry and you bump it. has loose beans in it.
AzNuggetBob

Yeah, I bet that is the rattling bush that scares the heck out of me at night.  Great tips!  Never heard of those plant clues before. 

• Like 1

I look forward to seeing what else your project produces. 

36 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Yeah, I bet that is the rattling bush that scares the heck out of me at night.  Great tips!  Never heard of those plant clues before. 

I HATE that bush! I know which one your talking about :)
Tom H.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1