Nugget Shooter Forums
Wayne Kukral

My first trip out with the Gold Monster 1000.

My first trip out with the Gold Monster 1000.

I was lucky, I was able to check out both spots I wanted to test.

My first spot in the Prescott National Forrest was only about a mile from the closed area, so it was open but under a Stage 2 Fire Restriction. This spot was also on our club claims and I had no trouble getting in or out with my 4x4. I found about 25 targets that I dug up and found 10 lead bullets, 3 round leads, 2 alum., part of a horse shoe, 5 bullet casing and other junk. No gold after spending most of the day around a camp site and trail.

My second spot was on the way home so I stopped by Lynx Creek to try out the open to public area. Here I was able to get to the creek with no luck finding any gold on any of the 6 targets I dug on, but I did find an iron rock, pull tabs and bottle caps.

No gold but I did get a great workout.

What is the best way to clean my Gold Monster?

Wayne

• Like 3

Keep at it Wayne, you will get to snagging some nuggets. Best way to clean? I never have, since it will just get dirty again when I take it out. But I'm sure a some wipes will knock the dust off to make it all purdy again.

Cheers!!

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Wayne, a detector is like a 4x4.  It looks good when dirty.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mcgator said:

Keep at it Wayne, you will get to snagging some nuggets. Best way to clean? I never have, since it will just get dirty again when I take it out. But I'm sure a some wipes will knock the dust off to make it all purdy again.

Cheers!!

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I like Andyy's comment. "A detector is like a 4x4.  It looks good when dirty.

I have been using small electronic devices like this here in Arizona for the past 49 years and I have learned that you need to take care of your equipment or it wont last long. This Arizona sun and dust is bad on anything you leave outside so I bring inside my Gold Monster. Since the coil is water proof, you should be able to just hose it off and wipe off the control box.      

Wayne: Keep at it bud. Prescott area is a hard area to hunt with lots of trash. The lower desert areas (after it cools off) is not so trashy.  Just keep at it, learn the machine and enjoy your time out.

Good luck to you.

Tom H.

Good on ya and yep a feller just needs to keep at it and you will score. Start learning where gold has been found in AZ and why it was there. Nugget Shooting is like a puzzle, once you get the pieces in place you begin to score on a regular basis.

11 hours ago, TomH said:

Wayne: Keep at it bud. Prescott area is a hard area to hunt with lots of trash. The lower desert areas (after it cools off) is not so trashy.  Just keep at it, learn the machine and enjoy your time out.

Good luck to you.

Tom H.

Thanks Tom H.

3 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Good on ya and yep a feller just needs to keep at it and you will score. Start learning where gold has been found in AZ and why it was there. Nugget Shooting is like a puzzle, once you get the pieces in place you begin to score on a regular basis.

Sounds a lot like fishing.

• Haha 1

It is.... Dirt Fishing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2