Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello there, 

I was recently at Sombrero Beach in Marathon, Key and in the shallow wading water, I found this. It's pretty soft, I can dig my fingernail in it. Any idea what it is? 

IMG_7319.JPG

IMG_7321.JPG

Always best to show a object measured or at least in relation to a know object like a Standard Cube or Coin.  Just taking the photo with the object along side a Ruler is better then what your discribing, eaa ?   By the Grey Oxide color and your description of being soft I'm going with Lead Mini Ball until more info comes in.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, homefire said:

Always best to show a object measured or at least in relation to a know object like a Standard Cube or Coin.  Just taking the photo with the object along side a Ruler is better then what your discribing, eaa ?   By the Grey Oxide color and your description of being soft I'm going with Lead Mini Ball until more info comes in.

IMG_7324.JPGIMG_7323.JPG

I would say lead also

It could have washed up on the beach from a sunken ship offshore 

Or it could be an an old cabinet handle that washed up on shore from an alien space winnebago  that crashed  237 years ago just off the shoreline.

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Or someone shooting Water Birds for dinner ?

So I posted this on a diff. forum and it's most likely a fishing weight for shore fishing. Woo hoo haha. Thanks for the help everyone. 

Yes, I would say muzzle loader shot. Don't see any anything that would indicate it was a fishing weight.

• Like 1

If it is indeed a fishing weight it would have a hole thru the entire ball or an attachment area of some sort.? Compared to the ruler it's around .60 caliber if a musket ball which is always a cool find!