Nugget Shooter Forums
DolanDave

Lida Palmetto Tule Canyon Nevada area Finds

" A LIZARD IN THE HAND IS WORTH TWO IN THE BUSH "  :) , Well at least it was yesterday. 

Got out with my buddy Chris, and we have always wanted to do a hunt in the Lida, Palmetto, Tule Canyon area of Nevada, not to far from Goldfield. The gold is pretty neat in this area, almost transitioning to that chevron gold, just not quite there yet.... ended up scoring 2 nice little gold nuggets. This area was placer mined before the 1849 California gold rush. Being up in elevation, close to 7000 feet gave us a break from the 100+ temps in the lower valleys.

This little guy didnt know it at the time, but he was adopted, and was an addition to the family in the backyard at home :ya: keeps down my roach and spider population....

Dave

T1.jpgT2.jpg

• Like 11
  • well done 2

Awesome. 

• Like 1

Very cool DD. That gold has beautiful character, chevron looking from my screen. And you got a new little buddy, sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

Beautiful gold, Dave....your new pet is very cool too! ... I read about Tule and the general area and thought it would be a good area...some things I read about suggested the gold was fine and deep, but that's obviously not the case....Way to go!!!!  Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Both are great finds but the one on the right is spectacular. Congrats.

• Like 1

Heck Yeah dude !  Nice pieces :yesss:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Uncle Ron said:

Beautiful gold, Dave....your new pet is very cool too! ... I read about Tule and the general area and thought it would be a good area...some things I read about suggested the gold was fine and deep, but that's obviously not the case....Way to go!!!!  Cheers, Unc

Thanks Ron,

There are places there that have deep gold. The last GPAA magazine had an article called the shadow nugget, a guy found a nice 5 ounce nugget from the same area detecting, the picture was on front cover I believe. Also LDMA has a claim in the area called the high divide I believe.

Dave

• Like 2

It was a very interesting area (thanks Dave for the trip) a little different from what we are used too in Southern NV and AZ. Dave kicked my butt this time, I didn't even get a lizard lol.!!

Chris 

• Like 2

I get the impression of butter on a nickel bun.  Gorgeous finds!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bsumbdy said:

It was a very interesting area (thanks Dave for the trip) a little different from what we are used too in Southern NV and AZ. Dave kicked my butt this time, I didn't even get a lizard lol.!!

Chris 

Yea I agree a lot different area Chris than the norm.... Great trip out there with ya !!   You really need to step up your game and bring home one of those baby dinosaurs :brows:.. Hehe...

Edited by DolanDave

Sweet finds and love the new exterminator.

• Like 1