Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
middleforkminer2

Tart Cherry Juice, Arthritis and medications....PSA

Recommended Posts

A post on here by Uncle Ron and others convinced me to try tart cherry juice as a remedy for my aching knees and hips....imagine my surprise when it worked....:ya:

Well, it wasn't a complete cure but it helped a WHOLE lot....a couple months ago I ran out of my blood pressure meds and had to wait a couple weeks to get them...guess what?

My aching hips and knees suddenly got even better!!!  I still didn't put two and two together until about three days after I stated taking the meds again...knees and hips started killing me and it wasn't until I was headed to pick up a new bottle of cherry juice that it dawned on me that the only change in my habits or diet was re starting the medication (Atenolol)...hmmm.  So I quit taking the meds and everything got better....started the meds again with the same results....:2mo5pow:....so now I've been off them for a month and my hips and knees feel better than they have in 20 years...unless I drink too much alcohol...then they start getting stiff again....The tart cherry juice still helps though and will remain a daily supplement for the joints.....from here on out, I'm gonna be a little more wary (and aware) of the possible side effects of prescription meds....I was blindsided :olddude:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VA has been sending me high blood pressure pills for over ten years, throw them in the trash. 

Started using dried tart cherries (8) and quarter teaspoon powdered Hawthorne in my oatmeal each morning over four years ago. Heart rate 120/60, feel younger each morning.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, middleforkminer2 said:

A post on here by Uncle Ron and others convinced me to try tart cherry juice as a remedy for my aching knees and hips....imagine my surprise when it worked....:ya:

Well, it wasn't a complete cure but it helped a WHOLE lot....a couple months ago I ran out of my blood pressure meds and had to wait a couple weeks to get them...guess what?

My aching hips and knees suddenly got even better!!!  I still didn't put two and two together until about three days after I stated taking the meds again...knees and hips started killing me and it wasn't until I was headed to pick up a new bottle of cherry juice that it dawned on me that the only change in my habits or diet was re starting the medication (Atenolol)...hmmm.  So I quit taking the meds and everything got better....started the meds again with the same results....:2mo5pow:....so now I've been off them for a month and my hips and knees feel better than they have in 20 years...unless I drink too much alcohol...then they start getting stiff again....The tart cherry juice still helps though and will remain a daily supplement for the joints.....from here on out, I'm gonna be a little more wary (and aware) of the possible side effects of prescription meds....I was blindsided :olddude:

That great that you're feeling better, but I have question, what are you going to do about your high blood pressure or has it gone down to somewhat normal?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quit my blood pressure meds about 6 mos. ago ... Raw, unprocessed LOCAL honey and powdered cinnamon either by the spoonful or dissolved in a small cup of hot water dropped my BP from 200/100 to 120/70 and did it in a week ... but you have to take it daily...You can put it on toast too, if you prefer ... Sometimes I just take a tablespoon of the mixture straight... Cheers, Unc

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to drop my BP about 30 points by taking a couple of fish oil capsules daily.  There are a lot of ways to deprive Big Pharma of our hard-earned cash.  It's always nice to hear of something new that works, and minus the side effects. 

Also, no one has ever died from eating oatmeal for breakfast.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am big fish oil fan always have been. I take kipper snacks out hunting with me all the time and eat them on crackers and cheese. I just started drinking the tart cherry juice mixed with other sweeter juices because its too tart for me by it self. I get the cheribundi three packs but its also expensive. my mother in law told me about it. she swears by it so we'll see how it goes?

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2018 at 4:24 PM, Au Seeker said:

That great that you're feeling better, but I have question, what are you going to do about your high blood pressure or has it gone down to somewhat normal?

It's kind of a long story...lately it's been around 140/80....I'm gonna try herbs.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 9:59 AM, AzNuggetBob said:

I take kipper snacks out hunting with me all the time and eat them on crackers and cheese.

Herring is a traditional food with my folks, often as a component in forshmak (meaning "pretaste," as in appetizer).  I eat kippered herring as the primary protein four or five meals a week, sometimes with Triscuits or other crackers, sometimes with eggs, sometimes on a sandwich, sometimes with salad (add a couple tablespoons of vinegar and a bit of pepper to the oil in a kipper snack tin, and you have dressing for your herring and spinach salad).  It's a versatile fish.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×