Nugget Shooter Forums

Well, seeing that its a tad warm here in AZ. im organizing/fixing my detecting stuff.

Never have been a fan of Baseball hats. They seem too hot.

Had a floppy hat last year and really liked it but the brim was a bit small. Ordered this one off of E-bay for 10 bucks.

Cut it, glued it and I have a nice wide brim hat with ventilation and a flap for the neck.

:ya:

Heres the link for the hat if anyone else wants one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camo-Hat-Wide-Brim-Outdoor-w-Neck-Cover-Sun-Flap-Hunt-Hike-Fishing-Mesh/331782796079?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=540885692700&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Tom H.

SAM_1938.JPG

SAM_1939.JPG

• Like 5
  • well done 2

Posted (edited)

Wow Tom looks familiar. I used to wear a mesh ball cap but it doesn't do a thing to protect your neck. I got this one a while back but doesn't solve the headphone issues. I have to use earbuds or a chest speaker. I may be punching some holes in mine.
 AzNuggetBob

hat 002.JPG

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 3

I like it. Practical, sensible but not too sassy.

I think you voided the warranty by cutting slots in the hat for the headphones.....:grr01:I've never been a liker of camo gear, so mine takes on a look of "safari".....  Here's my hat that I use a lot over the summer months, it's a bit dirty, but...works great!!!!  Gary

SAM_0317.JPG

SAM_0313.JPG

• Like 4

I don't know, Tom. I kind of fancy you in that huge sombrero you showed us in one of your adventures.  That was the bomb. :cowboypistol:

• Haha 1

I'll tell ya Tom the reason I got this new hat was after I saw your old floppy straw hat. Remember the old sombrero jokes, it works. If your going to hunt in the 100 plus I dont know of a better idea, other than hunting at night. I often tell people if your coming to Az. to hunt in the peak summer you better bring some shade with you because there isn't a lot of it in the south 40.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 7

TomH, a hat that no self-respecting 20-year-old would wear is by definition a good hat.  You should start manufacturing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

If Tom is wearing it, it must be cool.  I'm getting one!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Saul R W said:

TomH, a hat that no self-respecting 20-year-old would wear is by definition a good hat.  You should start manufacturing.

Give it 5 yrs.....it will be the rage by then :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saul R W said:

If you want a 20 year old to wear anything, tell them not to wear it and they will wear it,  it's called Oppositional Defiance Disorder, it's all the rage now-a-days!!!

My son is an expert with this new rage, if I want him to do anything all I have to do is tell him not to do it, works everytime!! :yesss:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

If you want a 20 year old to wear anything, tell them not to wear it and they will wear it,  it's called Oppositional Defiance Disorder, it's all the rage now-a-days!!!

My son is an expert with this new rage, if I want him to do anything all I have to do is tell him not to do it, works everytime!! :yesss:

So, if I tell my youngest mid-30s daughter NOT to get married, she might finally start a family?  I've been going about this all wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2018 at 2:38 PM, TomH said:

Give it 5 yrs.....it will be the rage by then :)
Tom H.

Tom just look what you did. this is what you already started with the big floppy straw hat.

big-hat1-768x512.jpg

AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Ya I know I'm probably next. Hey its all in fun. :kap::thumbsupanim

AzNuggetBob

You can use safety pins to attach fabric to any hat for increased protection from the sun. 

• Like 3

That is a great idea. :idea:  I have a couple big brimed hats w/neck flap that I don't wear because of the head phones and just saved them for yard work.  I got use to wearing a ball cap with a bunch of sunscreen.  I'm gonna take one a cut it to fit the head phones.  :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

The Sombrero hat was invented in Sombrero, Mexico because of all the quicksand down there. :old:
People wore them so searchers would know where to dig :Diggin_a_hole:if they disappeared. :yikes:

:pop:

• Haha 1

Mother nature provides the best hearing aids. Last six years my hearing was 20 percent right ear 70 percent left ear. Got to my daughter's place in northern Minnesota. She mixed up 50/50 solution, olive/garlic oils 6 drops peppermint oil in a 4oz dropper bottle. Hearing is 100 percent now and hear the tiniest whisper. Four drops in each ear before detecting, no need for earphones.

• Like 1