Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
azdigger

Out with the Equinox again

Took my Equinox 800 out to play today . I went to a local Tot lot since it should be almost empty...it was . Found a bunch of clad, first find was a dime, then another dim. I got a solid 13 on it was double hitting, move the sand and there was a nickel....all in all I think I got about 1.77 in clad but I am getting better and ID with sounds...would here it , then look for what I thought it should be....still learning but having fun too....

• Like 6

That is what it takes Rick.  More and more and you will go to some places where there is really good stuff ... around all the trash in Oatman I bet there are some old coins if you can get permission.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Get out and get it done, hot here so hunting closer to civilization for coins/relics with the 800 as well. I only got 78 cents yesterday morning hunting about an hour in the heat :nutty:

Went out to an old mining town , hunted about an hour. Just hunted the parking lot and found a dime , a nickel and a penny plus a 50/70 brass cartridge....was cool find.

Rick:
Here is a good page if you want to identify the markings on it.

http://www.cartridge-corner.com/heads.htm

Tom H.

No markings at all....guessing as compared to a .45 colt and a .410 shell. It was bigger.