Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pondmn

equinox 800 1st time out

Hit the local park finally after using my test plot.  Moved from Park one to Park two quickly.  Moved the threshold up four numbers.  Quickly learned bottle caps.  Gold colored ones hit like zinc pennies. This is an extremely trashy park and hit numerous times.  Finally came home with one quarter, two dimes, four pennies and enough caps to start a brewery.   Found a program from dirt digger on utube.  Plan on setting it up as it gives low tones and low volume to junk and high tones and volume to good stuff.  Only hunted an hour and a half.  Passed  over hundreds of junk targets.....

• Like 2

For me , I can say , there is a learning curve , this 800 is not like my MXT or MX Sport......looking forward to getting out again on Tues.

I agree I used a DFX for years and it was a slam dunk.  The problem was it became to heavy and I needed something lighter

• Like 1

The Equinox has a learning curve for sure. It has its own tonal language and the multi-frequency setting continues to impress. It is by far the most versatile detector I have ever used. I look forward to hearing your impressions pondman. Don't be worried about turning up the sensitivity, the machine will tell you when you've gone too far. Have fun.

• Like 1