Nugget Shooter Forums

Looks like most if not all of Arizona's National Forests are closed to all use as of today through Memorial Day and longer.... Trails, campgrounds, mining claims.... EVERYTHING Just saw that is is a FULL CLOSURE on news.

https://ein.az.gov/emergency-information/emergency-bulletin/area-closures-tonto-national-forest-begin-wednesday-may-23

• Like 1

Fish and Game is even closing the fish hatcheries in the closed areas. It is dangerously dry. :aw-shucks:

Just saw a fish and game truck out at LSD.... That was something new.

What about the lower areas? By San Domingo?

Still open right now Wade, but Tammy and I saw a Fish and Game truck driving around out there yesterday and I have never seen that before, we waved at her both times she passed us and she did not stop, just waved back. I do know ANY motorized equipment is restricted as is outdoor smoking or grilling on all State and Federal lands.

I saw a fire restriction sign in the area I detect. First time in 6 yrs ive seen one.

Its good they are on top of it.

Tom H.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TomH said:

I saw a fire restriction sign in the area I detect. First time in 6 yrs ive seen one.

Tom H.

Good to hear. So quads/ATVs are still allowed around LSD I assume. At the moment at least......

13 minutes ago, mcgator said:

Good to hear. So quads/ATVs are still allowed around LSD I assume. At the moment at least......

Donno..I was in the YOTO.

Tom H.

6 hours ago, TomH said:

Tom H.

That is what she may have been doing then Tom.... Marked trails are open for now, but "side" trails and wash travel is restricted from what I gather. No motorized drywashing, recirculaters, etc allowed at all.

• Like 1

Where do you find these official restrictions for BLM land?  I would be willing to check for example the Hassunyumpa area prior to driving out, but right now as far as I know, the BLM posts nothing about road closures.

Forest service does a good job at posting their closings, although it is a bit difficult to find, but available by  visiting each national forest official website and looking for road closures in each one.  If you were going to two national forests in AZ, you'd need to go to two websites, but they will post closures.  I learned this after driving out finding a closed road where I wanted to go, but at least I know now where to look prior.

• Like 1

Fish and Game ..

1)  Can't get to the places I go to

2)  Aren't out the time of night that I've started hitting the mountains  :200:

Funny, work made me miss a lot of good weather detecting earlier in the year, but I always seem to make up for it with the summer midnight hunts.  And guess what ... it is almost a full moon.  🌔       OOWWWWWUUUUUUU!!!       Be safe out there!!!

Andyy

P.S.  daaaang ... I almost lost my mind digging thru the new emojis .. lol

• Haha 3

On BLM and State managed lands in central and northern Arizona you can still run gas motors. In southeast Arizona there is a stage II restriction that prohibits gas motors.

Southern Arizona restrictions:

Safford Field Office, Arizona BLM at Stage II

from 2018 May 09 midnight until rescinded

FIRE PREVENTION ORDER # AZ-400-18-2
STAGE 2 FIRE RESTRICTIONS DUE TO HIGH FIRE DANGER
BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT, GILA DISTRICT

Pursuant to 43 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 9212.2, the following acts are prohibited on all lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management in the following counties: Apache, Navajo, Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, Pima, Pinal, and Santa Cruz. This restriction includes the Gila District encompassing the Tucson Field Office and Safford Field Office.

These restrictions will become effective at 12:00 a.m., PST, May 8th, 2018. They will remain in effect until rescinded or revoked.

Stage 2:
The following acts are prohibited until further notice:

1. Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove including fires in developed campgrounds or improved sites.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
3. Discharging a firearm, including target shooting, except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal or tribal laws and regulations
4. The following mechanical and industrial activities are prohibited.
a. Welding or metal grinding activities
b. Operating acetylene or other torches with open flame.
c. Using an explosive and/or explosive device.

Fireworks, tracer ammunition, and exploding targets are always prohibited year-round on federal lands.

Stage 2 Exemptions:
1. Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
2. Persons using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within 3 feet of the device.
3. Operating generators or internal combustion engine with an approved spark arresting device within an enclosed vehicle or building or in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within 3 feet of the generator/engine.
4. Operating motorized vehicles on designated roads so long as you park in an area devoid of vegetation within 10 feet of the roadway.
5. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force or other authorized personnel in the performance of an official duty.

An exemption does not absolve an individual or organization from liability or responsibility for any fire started by the exempted activity.

Violation of this order is prohibited by the provisions of the regulations cited. Under 43 CFR 9212.4, any violation is subject to punishment by a fine of not more than $1,000 or imprisonment of not more than 12 months, or both.
Information regarding these fire restrictions may be obtained by calling (520) 258-7200.

The rest of the State:

Hassayampa Field Office, Arizona BLM at Stage I

from 2018 Apr 20 8 a.m. until rescinded

Beginning April 20 campfire and smoking restrictions will be implemented on state lands and federally managed public lands in central and western Arizona which includes Yavapai, Maricopa, La Paz Yuma, Mohave and Gila counties, as well as portions of Pinal county. Restrictions will be in effect and enforced on Bureau of Land Management Phoenix and Colorado River Districts the Prescott National Forest, the Tonto National Forest , and the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management for state lands, as well as Mohave County Park lands. Weather and fire conditions as well as localized closures and restrictions are subject to change.

Beginning April 20, 2018 and until rescinded, the following are prohibited:
• Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove other than in a developed campsite or picnic area where grills are provided.
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site/improved site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
• Discharging a firearm except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations.
Fireworks and exploding targets are always prohibited year-round on federal and state lands.
Violation of restrictions on federal lands is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor, by fine, imprisonment or both. Violators also may be held personally responsible for reimbursement of fire suppression costs.

Cigarettes should never be thrown out the window of a vehicle. Instead, ashtrays should be used in order to prevent wildfires. Always practice Leave No Trace principles.

Fire conditions as well as localized closures and restrictions are subject to change. Because tribal, federal, state, and local mandates are different, they may have some differences in their restriction notices. For a more detailed explanation concerning agency restrictions and fire information in general, please contact the nearest land management agency or visit Wildland Fire AZ

Link to all BLM and State fire closures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2