Nugget Shooter Forums

IMG_1510.JPGNote the remains of the coreIMG_1511.JPGHi thereIMG_1564.JPGThe dark area is core Tex as well so maybe a quarter core all told. Not sure geofact will     explain the nose sufficiently for me but maybe it does for you allIMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

Greg I'm not really seeing any type of workings on that particular stone so I'm thinking it's a work of mother nature...just my opinion. Good luck in the field and HH!

I see the face of an alien in the fourth picture. So maybe this is proof of extraterrestrials.😉

• Like 2

Greg, sometimes rocks just break.  If there's any intelligence involved, it's not in the stream-bed impacts and weathering that shaped the rocks, but in the human mind that is capable of visualizing what isn't there, and imagining the possible.  Poetry is a beautiful thing, but it should support, not distort, truth.  After viewing the website you promoted on another thread, I remain entirely unconvinced that eolithism serves any purpose, unless it's intended to obscure scientific understanding.  But then again, I'd say the same of missionaries who promulgate images of religious personages on toast.  I'd rather know what's wrong with the toaster, and how to fix it.

• Like 2

Thanks for having open mind the heresy of claiming that as man made got me reamed out then banned for life from an arrowhead forum. Please don't think I found that in my backyard yesterday I have been doing this for more than ten years and it took me a long time to accept what my eyes were seeing, so I get the reluctance to believe my claims. Some of the people making similar claims do come off as crackpots, but is crazy always wrong? I would enjoy rational debate on the subject if anyone is so inclined. These were made by banging rocks together it ain't gonna be the Mona Lisa. .IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

7 hours ago, Saul R W said:

Greg, sometimes rocks just break.  If there's any intelligence involved, it's not in the stream-bed impacts and weathering that shaped the rocks, but in the human mind that is capable of visualizing what isn't there, and imagining the possible.  Poetry is a beautiful thing, but it should support, not distort, truth.  After viewing the website you promoted on another thread, I remain entirely unconvinced that eolithism serves any purpose, unless it's intended to obscure scientific understanding.  But then again, I'd say the same of missionaries who promulgate images of religious personages on toast.  I'd rather know what's wrong with the toaster, and how to fix it.

My thoughts are the human mind is programmed to not look into things that bring more questions than answers, but only to survive another day. How else would so many be able to deny the obvious and react with such anger and ridicule when the subject is forced upon them. I'm making no claims to have the answers, just that these are man made artifacts. 

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

Ever look at clouds? People see what they want to see... I've seen all kinds of weird formations in my time but none of them are man-made.

• Like 2

One or two coincidences in form I would accept as coincidental but not the hundreds I have brought home and the many more I leave behind because there is so much of it. You as collectors know more than anyone pictures do no justice to the beauty of these rock "sculptures" if may be so bold to call them what they are. Lol.

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

Greg, first and foremost, welcome to the forum, have no fear you will not get banned here, we run a tight ship to a degree but are somewhat lenient as long as a member tries to abide by our simples rules, if someone is a spammer they will be gone quickly, or if a member disrespects the staff or other members they will be warned and all should be good if the member doesn't regress and do so again, if so then there maybe a rare temporary suspension, we try very hard not to ban anyone unless pushed to do so.

That being said you will have most here disagree with you on this subject, but we do have a very few members who will be right with you on this.

So don't be shy and post away if anyone gives you a hard time and can't discuss their own view point and allow you your's, don't worry because either I, Bill or our great Moderators will be right on top of any disrespect and put a stop to it as soon as we see it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome I really appreciate it. I'm not overly sensitive and enjoy all perspectives so all please fire away, i realize i only know a fraction of what others may.

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

Maybe calling the mod a "phony expert" helped get me banned on the other forum but he was a bully. Thanks again for the kind words.Not all the sculptures are so small

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

pareidolia is interesting.

• Like 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1

You can say I'm nuts I obviously don't care no reputation to worry about, no bias on this subject just belief in what my eyes see.There is a lot more to these than pics can show or is worth explaining to those who will never believe. 

IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

Glacier made that rock balance on every side, that's one patient glacier but I always heard they move slow

IMG_1365.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

Hi Greg and welcome to the forum.  I think it is great that you have developed an interest in rocks and their use as tools by people in the past.  Archeology is a fascinating science which has a wealth of publications on the making and use of stone tools.  In order to understand what to look for and how to interpret the clues you need to get with an online Archeology forum and read through the post there.  Even better, hook up with an Archeologist in your community.  They are always in need of volunteers to help move dirt and in return you get to learn how to read a site and the objects found within.

Your posted photos of the objects you have found are very nice geological specimens but I do not see anything that cannot be explained as natural fractured, splays and natural mechanical weather of the rocks.  Like other posters have said, everyone sees patterns and pictures in the shape of clouds, even though there is nothing there, its just the way our minds work.  the same can be said about the natural weathering of rocks.

Stay curious, read about the subject, ask questions and learn about the science of Archeology.  Who knows, one day you just might recognize a site of true importance and will know how to describe it and who to work with to investigate the site properly.

• Like 1

Again thank you for the kind tone. I enjoy the debate, especially since I can provide numerous examples to explain my beliefs and the counter is always " I don't think so." I am running out of pics from my phone though, so to continue will have take more.

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

NO ...

• Like 1

Greetings Greg, I looked at every pic you have here, which made me wonder "where" you/the rocks were from ?
And to add, You'd be in your glory if you were in Arizona, I come across rocks like you've posted all day every day I wander out in the field.
Welcome to Nuggetshooter, have any Atlatl points you can post pics of ?

• Like 1

Take a closer look there are certain distinguishing features that some have noticed that are incorporated into the rock art which can verify the workings of man, like the balance game they all seem to play. This stuff is found all over the country and world and accepted as artifacts in other contexts just not in America as Clovis artifacts. I can find stuff like this all day but have almost no points which is what I was looking for originally. I read when you find the debitage you will find artifacts, found plenty of chips but no recognizable artifacts. Eventually realized artifacts were still there, just not easily recognized. 

• Like 1

Y place of employment is built on one of the thousands of rock pile sites here in New England, but now that I see it for what it is I can find it other places. That's funny because for a long time I would only accept pieces from my employment site as "real" artifacts, so you see even a believer still has to open his mind.

4 hours ago, frank c said:

Greetings Greg, I looked at every pic you have here, which made me wonder "where" you/the rocks were from ?
And to add, You'd be in your glory if you were in Arizona, I come across rocks like you've posted all day every day I wander out in the field.
Welcome to Nuggetshooter, have any Atlatl points you can post pics of ?

Please don't think I miss the condescension I was going to let it go but that may hurt my mission to come off as intelligent.

Those ancients did a wonderful job, gluing quartz between layers of morph. The problem, if you believe that all of those rocks were formed by people, is that you pretty much have to disregard every known fact about geology and the formation of the world about us.

For a somewhat related example, one of my old age methods of keeping Social Security from stealing my dignity involves working with an assortment of dense hardwoods -- Mediterranean briar, morta, various fruit root burls -- and I frequently see what could be viewed as images in the wood grain (I'd see more if I smoked something stronger than tobacco).  I guess those curly bits of burl grain were placed there by neolithic folks, too?  Mole people.

Accusations of condescension aside, there might be a place for a coffee table book on pareidolithica, if you can find the right publisher.  Hats off to d_day for having the stones to use such a word -- I edited it out of a reply up yonder, prior to posting, because I learned the hard way long ago that using eight-bit words in a two-bit town either gets you elected mayor or run out on a rail, or both in quick succession. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2