Nugget Shooter Forums
cjadair3

Popped the Gold Monster Cherry

Second time out since I bought my Gold Monster and hadn’t scored any gold thus far. Went out this past weekend with Mike Slater to a place that’s been “hit hard” and we both scored some nice nuggets and our fair share of trash. I love those “hard hit” spots. These are mine. About .8 grams worth. Mike scored a bunch too. I wish every hunt could be like this or better. 😃

A80F4201-ED91-4216-B363-5C7C578733AD.png

4AFC6612-A1CC-4093-85A2-54F9E9B76A4B.png

• Like 12
  • well done 4

Nice nuggs. Good job. 

• Thanks 1

Nice pile of dinksters, CJ!!!  Way to go and congrats on vanished cherry! ... Cheers, Unc

• Thanks 1

Nice finds!! Keep it up :)
Tom H.

• Thanks 1

Hey dude , ...Your on a roll now !  Nice work :yesss:

• Thanks 1

WTG Chuck! It was great fun watching you get those nuggets. Now you have the ear for it so theres lots of nuggets to come for you. But you do have admit you eyeballed one when it popped out from behind that rock. When I get back from Montana I'll post mine. Cause some poor dry washer fella missed a nice 2 gram sitting on the bottom of thier hole just waiting for someone to come along and grab it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CJ ... The monster and you appear to becoming one! Nice work! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The "fair share of trash" may help explain why others missed these nuggs.  Just goes to show you what a determined prospector can accomplish especially if armed with a high tech detector like the GM1000.

• Like 6

Very nice  :thumbsupanim

I have a feeling we're going to be seeing more as time rolls along.

WTG !!

Luke

• Thanks 1

Very nice :thumbsupanim but when you say Hit hard place-Hit hard with what ???? In the right hands those pieces should have been easily found with any GP-GPX Beepers :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

WTG! Nice cherry popping CJ!

• Thanks 1

WTG CJ!! :thumbsupanim  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Very nice :thumbsupanim but when you say Hit hard place-Hit hard with what ???? In the right hands those pieces should have been easily found with any GP-GPX Beepers :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

Yeah Mike C. When we got there first thing we hit was the exposed bedrock in the wash. Started pulling some birdshot right off then snagged two dinks and 4 birdshot in the same spot. They either didn't detect it at all or just gave it a quick listen. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mcgator said:

WTG Chuck! It was great fun watching you get those nuggets. Now you have the ear for it so theres lots of nuggets to come for you. But you do have admit you eyeballed one when it popped out from behind that rock. When I get back from Montana I'll post mine. Cause some poor dry washer fella missed a nice 2 gram sitting on the bottom of thier hole just waiting for someone to come along and grab it. 

Thanks again for takin me out there.Ya, can’t believe I even saw that one, especially without my readers on.🤓 That was in that pocket where I snagged like 3 other one’s. The monster kept going off, pretty cool. 😉 

Edited by cjadair3
  • Like 1

Good Job man and yes that area has been pounded with PI and VLF by many a great detectorist (forum members too) over the years and you earned every one of them. Keep up the good work my friend! :yesss:

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Is that from the "Never Ending Nugget" patch?  Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

This guy was over at the house/shop the next day.   BLAH BLAH  about how he did.. JK  Chuck  congrats on your nuggets  ;)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mcgator said:

This is my take from that day on the pounded patch. 

20180518_212302.jpg

Holy cow man! I kinda forgot how big that one flake was. Was a good day for sure.😉

On 5/16/2018 at 6:44 PM, Uncle Ron said:

Is that from the "Never Ending Nugget" patch?  Cheers, Unc

Definitely seemed to keep givin. Didn’t score much in the first couple hours. Mike hit a couple, then seemed like an hour or so of trash. Then we hit a nice patch. 

On 5/15/2018 at 4:43 AM, adam said:

Hey dude , ...Your on a roll now !  Nice work :yesss:

Thanks. Hopefully. Would be nice. But, I know learnin from all you guys and gals here. The streaks can turn to skunks really quick. Just gotta continue to keep the beeper to the ground.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:47 AM, Nugget Shooter said:

Good Job man and yes that area has been pounded with PI and VLF by many a great detectorist (forum members too) over the years and you earned every one of them. Keep up the good work my friend! :yesss:

Thanks Bill. Love the monster! 

I think I recognize the look of that gold.  If so there's gobs of nuggets left.  He who digs the most wins. 

2 hours ago, boulder dash said:

I think I recognize the look of that gold.  If so there's gobs of nuggets left.  He who digs the most wins. 

I hope so! Definitely worth the trip out there.