Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ridge Runner

Fox With Three Young

Very nice, and far better than a family of skunks.

I'll just have to imagine.... over a 3 hour download time so says my computer....

We have healthy fox in our park right here in Redding. Got a bird by the jacuzzi and trying to get the birds I feed too. O well -bright eyed shiny coats so the loose cat,dogs,squirrels and birds are a plate of plenty in town here-John--downloaded in under 2 minutes here???

• Like 2

They sure like Chicken. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, homefire said:

They sure like Chicken. 

Everything likes chicken -- it's the universal meat source.  Even chickens like chicken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2018 at 8:06 PM, Saul R W said:

Everything likes chicken -- it's the universal meat source.  Even chickens like chicken.

Yep!    They Especially like the Little ones.  LOL 

• Like 1

I have experienced a brood hen protect newborns from raiding flock. She stands alone against all ... including the rooster! and most of the time she wins! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

I have experienced a brood hen protect newborns from raiding flock. She stands alone against all ... including the rooster! and most of the time she wins! 

Yes, my daughters have had a couple of ornery hens over the years.  It seems to depend on the breed.  From memory, Rhode Islands are broody and defensive of their young and relatively intelligent, Barred Rocks are generally really sweet birds and can be trained (within limits), Wyandottes suffer from some sort of chicken manic depressive bipolar disorder combined with a little bit of falling sky syndrome, most bantams are broody (we had one banty hen that stole a nest and hatched a bunch of barred rock eggs), and most of the heavy bodied meat-only birds are something like chicken couch potatoes, slow and dumb.  All of them are entertaining.

• Haha 1

Yep, if you want Pets that pay you for your kindness with Eggs, Barred Rocks are cool birds.  I've had them lay eggs in you hand when you was handling them.    I had a Chines Banty that would meet me at the truck everyday I came home .  Fly up on my shoulder and tell me all about his day.  I had no flipping Idea what he was on about but he sure was determined to tell me all about it.  LOL   Moe Moe was his name.  Guess the Coyotes got em.  How Sad. 

• Like 1