Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dakota Slim

Moss Mine completes five gold shipments

The company reports 241,000 metric tons of ore grade material has been mined to date and that operating rates are currently averaging 20 percent over feasibility study rates of 386 metric tons hourly through the crushing plant.  Since the company announced its first gold pour on March 7, five shipments of ore for external refining total 374 ounces of gold and 1,089 ounces of silver.

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news/moss-mine-completes-five-gold-shipments/article_4f959e4c-50f0-11e8-a9d6-4790acb9a92c.html

• Like 1

The plant burns 5300 gallons of diesel a day!!

• Like 1

Am I miscalculating, or is their combined gold and silver value running something like $2.10 per ton?  I'm assuming that the 374 and 1,089 were the total amounts extracted from the entire 241,000 tons.  That wouldn't cover the cost of drinking water for a small-time miner running a drywasher.  Economies of scale must be nice.

I still hope they show a profit.  I hope its not a well funded mining project spending the investors money with not enough to show for it.  There's way more than that invested in infrastructure in the picture alone, never mind the proposed improvements.  If I were invested in that project, I'd expect a call for more money to keep the plant open longer.

Unless they have a good market for all that crushed rock, I would think that their recovery rate would have to improve significantly if they are going to continue operations. 
The Rye Patch mining numbers were also pretty weak. 

Maybe these people are confident that gold and silver prices are going to rise sharply -- and very soon.  

Market for crushed rock could be the I-11 corridor.  I just hope it doesn't go through my claim ;.)

I really think the money going into the mine would have been better invested elsewhere.  I wonder how much gold would have to rise to make it worthwhile.