Nugget Shooter Forums

Too hot to go into the desert and hunt for this old fart so I think I will putter with the EQX 800 for a little bit here on the property. Will let ya know if I find anything... :head:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Too Hot for sure, Bill!

I am in Avondale watching  some of my grand-kidlets...I don't think the a/c works very well OR I have become a real softy...

good luck that place of yours should have some oldies somewhere

fred

Edited by fredmason

I guess a fellow could strap his detector to one of those mini drones, monitor the beeps via cell phone while sitting in an air-conditioned truck, and just get out to dig for a few minutes now and then.  Someone likely will equip a drone that way eventually, for prospecting reconnaissance.  Stay cool, y'all.

Hey Saul I think you have an idea for a new detector there.   Now think of a way to get the digging part done without climbing or sweating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pondmn said:

Hey Saul I think you have an idea for a new detector there.   Now think of a way to get the digging part done without climbing or sweating.

The digging and climbing and sweating parts of the job help grandsons build character, I hear.

Got too lazy and doing chores and hanging out with my grand kids like Fred. Have found some cool stuff here over the years for sure and likely more to be had.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:07 AM, Nugget Shooter said:

Too hot to go into the desert and hunt for this old fart so I think I will putter with the EQX 800 for a little bit here on the property. Will let ya know if I find anything... :head:

"Alright,  ....Wait-a-minute,..  Wait-a-minute",............. "Bill", you live in the desert !!! :yikes: So, how can you go into the desert??????:nutty:  And, is it cooler out on your property than it would be 10-15 minutes away out yander in the same desert, but in the gold fields??????  I know you just turned the o'l fart age of 62, :olddude: but come on now, isn't it the same desert,  ..ergo the same heat??:evil1:???    And hey, what's up with this "settling-for" searching for backyard rusted (modern day) trash :grr01: instead of venturing out a mere 10-15 minute drive into the gold fields (your back yard of-sorts) to search for gold and the real old treasures (old coins, etc.)?????  Most detectorists would kill to live that close, instead of having to drive from phoenix or more distant locals.  If it wasn't at least a two hour drive for me from Prescott Valley, I'd probably make the trip once in a while myself.  Then again, my back yard of-sorts is Lynx Creek, and there is plenty of rusted trash (old and modern) still to be found in it as well.  :barnie::ROFL: So, if it's too hot for your sense of adventure to activate down there, you could always come up here in the cool pines and show me where that old, dead patch is you alluded-to in our last communication. :droolin: Then we could see if your new 800 is as affective as my 7000,......Aaaaaaaaaaaa?????      Gary  :200: 

• Haha 2

Prescott is nice right now. Pic from yesterday. Those roads lead to gold. The deserts are prime right now for drywashing if one is so inclined. 

psct.jpg

• Like 1

I try to explain to folks that have never experienced "the desert," that living in it, and being "out" in it, are two very different things. 

Phoenix31212 128.jpg

• Like 2

Yep, getting sorta hot here too.  And were like 15 degree cooler then you all. 

Wow ! 

On 5/6/2018 at 12:36 PM, pondmn said:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1