Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GeoJack

May Nevada Trip

Wife's birthday week of prospecting coming up next month. She found a nice nugget in the Eugene's last year and we will be going back but want some other areas to hunt as well without looking over our shoulder. Are the Hycroft claims still open to metal detectorist? May also take some time at Sawtooth. Beginning my research now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GeoJack said:

Wife's birthday week of prospecting coming up next month. She found a nice nugget in the Eugene's last year and we will be going back but want some other areas to hunt as well without looking over our shoulder. Are the Hycroft claims still open to metal detectorist? May also take some time at Sawtooth. Beginning my research now.

Nice nugget? 

Very nice. She was tossing in her scoop when I was walking up to her to show how big it was.

Cons Nev Nugget.jpg

• Like 7
  • well done 1

That nuggie has some great characteristics in it.  Is that a little piece of quartz I see there?  

Old Tom 

3.0g and it does have some quartz in it.

20180419_081744.jpg

20180419_081818.jpg

• Like 6

Wow!  I just love those archetype nuggets with all the lovely curves and character.  Nice find!!

• Like 2

Indeed, just 2 hours into the hunt and she kicked the skunk out of the trip. Was really happy for her. 

Seems not on your route, but I like the Gold Basin Area when I go to Las Vegas.  If you're coming from N. Cal, you'd have to drive a couple hours past Vegas to get to the claims.

• Thanks 1

Well, put off but not cancelled. Headed over after the 4th. Still thinking of the Eugene's and maybe a side trip to one of the playa's for some meteorite hunting.  Camping at Rye Patch so hopefully the weather cooperates.

Posted (edited)

Looks to be cool enough (100°) to head over to Rye Patch. Researched a good spot to work, full 1/4 section so should have plenty of ground to cover. All other sections have claims so I'm confident that this section will have some color as well. New snake guards for the wife and she's happy, less worry.

Edited by GeoJack
  • Like 2

Back, 101 temp today and I didn't get an ac for the trailer. Scouted the area and found some float quartz which we followed up the mountain to the source. Rich mineralize vein but it was too hot to consider loading up some samples. No gold this trip but once again experienced the beauty of the desert.

20180707_062818.jpg

20180707_062833.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome views.  Looks extremely remote.  Can't see a trace of civilization except the road you came in on.

Winnemuca is at the end of that mt range in the distance.