Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LukeJ

First Equinox800 gold

Posted (edited)

Hey all...   :D

So I set out today with the intent of finding some gold with the Equinox 800 I picked up from Bill last month.

I went back to the hillside patch known as "My First Dink Patch".  Myself and several others have been over this ground a few times and I've really 'hit it hard' with the SDC.  I figured it would be a good place to start, and also to see how the 800 handles the ground.  Right off, I was finding birdshot that I missed with the SDC.  The very smallest ones and they were all very old.  After the third piece of lead, I started thinking it was just a matter of time until I turned up a little dink.  After about an hour and a half, I got a loud 'mixed' signal right in the open part of the patch.  The part that also serves as the path you walk through on the way across the hillside.  The numbers were jumping all over and I didn't even have to scrape down to bedrock before the target was in the scoop. 

Not sure how I missed it before....  :idunno:

The smallest of the two was found later with the SDC, down in the bedrock, on the side of the wash after I decided to pick up an old pull tab.  :4chsmu1:

Pretty happy with the first 800 gold.  It's a nice wiry piece and definitely one of a kind.

Good Luck out there !!  :thumbsupanim

Luke

20180329_105121 (2).jpg

20180329_134458 (2).jpg

Edited by LukeJ
changed know to known
  • Like 14
  • well done 6

WTG Luke seems to be a good all around beeper and yes it has my interest as well but Im holding out to see whats around the corner and then make a decision  :head: Hopefully ML will come out with a smaller coil soon and make it really good for tiny gold dinks :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

WTG Luke seems to be a good all around beeper and yes it has my interest as well but Im holding out to see whats around the corner and then make a decision  :head: Hopefully ML will come out with a smaller coil soon and make it really good for tiny gold dinks :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

Yeah, I didn't get it just for gold nuggets.  I wanted a good 'all-round' beeper so if I ever get into a relic area or end up at the beach I'd be able to play.  Just wanted to check "finding a gold nugget' off the list for this machine.  I'm looking forward to the smaller coil too.

• Like 1

Well done Luke. We have the relic spot up here if you want to try it out. Just a short drive. Nice nuggies. 

• Hmmmmmm 1

Awesome, Luke...Minelab keeps knocking it out of the ballpark with this new technology.  :yesss:

• Like 1

WTG!!

Im sensing some macro photos on that bigger one. :)
Dang. You could probably go out with a butter knife and find gold :4chsmu1:

Nice finds.

Tom H.

• Haha 1

yes way to go luke :thcongratsflwrs: doesnt seem to matter which machine you have in your hand these days...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Small coil (6") will be available in late May or early June.

• Like 3

WTG Luke, glad you are liking the EQ 800 and it is truly an amazing detector.

• Thanks 1

Nice job Luke.  Looks like the 800 is a keeper for sure.

• Thanks 1

Luke,

That is a good sized nugget for the 800.  I found a couple of little ones the first time I used it but have missed a couple of times since.  I found lots of that little shot missed by all the other detectors too.

The 6 will help to harness some of the power around hot soils.

Mitchel

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Small coil (6") will be available in late May or early June.

Hi Bill

Yes the 6 inch will certainly be a good test for how good of a nugget hunting machine it’s going to be and I’m guessing it’ll be reasonably close to the GM 1000 as that’s a killer on tiny little bits.

So I’m looking forward to seeing the results on that and if good the GM 1000 might get a rest from time to time on those spot that I’ve gone over with the SDC and if it can still pick up the stuff that the SDC can’t quite register on well it’ll certainly be a Remarkably Good True all rounder. 

Cheers

Congrats on the Yellow! I LOVE my Equinox! :party-smiley-027[1]:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Seems the 800 is a solid "All-Purpose" type detector for those times when you want to travel light and still cover all your hunting needs!

Edited by Randall
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing Luke.  If it wren't 140 miles to the beach one-way for me I might contemplate getting one.  Glad you like it.

• Like 1

Pretty finds!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

• Thanks 1