Nugget Shooter Forums

Got back in one piece from a great camp out up around LSD.

Perfect detecting weather! Saw some cool things.....Wire/wood ladder for a mineshaft, doubledecker cacti, old handstack, 90+ miles of dirt road! Dad and James scored a couple of dinksters, I got skunked. Found some cool things though, 45 cal. and a 10 guage shotgun shell base in some tribs that I need to go back to. Got some more trash from them so they have not been hit :yesss: Hard to find washes like that in the LSD area. Found a seed pod that had to make a bird out of :4chsmu1: Great food and friends. Had a blast.
Tom H.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

• Like 14
  • well done 1

Sounds like a blast guys !  I'd get back to that hand stacked area. Nice running into you and your pop's:200:.    Get some gold next time though :4chsmu1::black_knight_standing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like you guys had a great time !!

The toenails on the bird are a nice touch Tom.  :thumbsupanim

Luke

• Like 1

That hand-stacked gully looks awesome...Kinda looks like a snake farm too!  Good luck on it!  Cheers, Unc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those hand stacks make my mouth water

• Like 3
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Great pics Tom and some good looking food..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TomH said:

Got back in one piece from a great camp out up around LSD.

Perfect detecting weather! Saw some cool things.....Wire/wood ladder for a mineshaft, doubledecker cacti, old handstack, 90+ miles of dirt road! Dad and James scored a couple of dinksters, I got skunked. Found some cool things though, 45 cal. and a 10 guage shotgun shell base in some tribs that I need to go back to. Got some more trash from them so they have not been hit :yesss: Hard to find washes like that in the LSD area. Found a seed pod that had to make a bird out of :4chsmu1: Great food and friends. Had a blast.
Tom H.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Boy Tom, that "squared-vertical-shaft" looks almost like the one I ran across a few weeks ago down around Bumble Bee.  Only the ground was completely different colored,....your ground has a lot of pink (red) in it.  Gary

100_2960.JPG

100_2958.JPG

100_2962.JPG

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Great pics and good to see you guys Thursday, the seed pod is Devils Claw... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpagophytum 

Devil Claw are used for crafts. Years ago, the going rate was 2 cents each for harvested ones. Laugh if you want but I saw someone in the Bradshaw's have a field day with these. He must have had a 1000 or so and he wasn't done for the day. He sold them to the local florists in Prescott and surrounding areas. They make these round balls by sticking the devils claws together.

• Like 2

We have Devils Claw growing all over our property.  The Root made into tea is dang near every bit as good as Ibuprofen.  Free Pain Be Gone. 

• Like 4

Cool ladder. It’s always fun to find that kind of bush fix stuff.

• Like 2

Your killin it there with that kabob Tom. and is that teriyaki over rice. I can almost smell it through the screen. :thumbsupanim Anyway It looks like the old timers did a lot of work in there based on the piles and stacked rocks. I always date an area by the relics/trash. can give you a clue about the size of the gold they where digging in there too. but based on the amount of work they did in there and the relics. that place doesn't appear to have been hunted very much if at all. best of luck on your new spot. I like your Devils Claw with feet too. AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

Awesome pics :thumbsupanim  Knowing me I would have kept that homemade wire/wood ladder for home décor. Ha!

• Haha 1

Looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures too.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

• Like 1