Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GeoJack

Heavy Flash Flooding Washes out California Roads

Mariposa county was hit hard last week. Here is Hornitos Rd. at Old Toll Rd. Bridge washed out.  Month to repair. Don't look at that pay layer. Grabbed some nice looking quartz I need to crush up.

New bridge construction at Hiway 49 in Lotus / Coloma took a hit as well when rising waters undermined two support structures.

A1-Bridge-4-1024x682.jpg

• Like 1
  • wow 2

Next round of fire hose rain coming in tonight on the Pineapple Express with just about 4" of rain predicted for just tomorrow. Won't be sleeping much tonight with the noise. Just got a load of Tigerwood for my deck and need to keep it dry for 7 days to acclimate prior to install. Great, covered it with plywood and now need to tie it all down.

29790556_1298371790295117_7604122362049374622_n.jpg

• Like 1

I thought the  rain was coming tomorrow.........Are you north of Sacramento?    Beautiful deck wood    Where does it come from

Posted (edited)

Starting late tonight, North of Placerville. Tigerwood, Brazilian Koa from Aftica or Brazil. Lived in Merced from '58 to '68.

Edited by GeoJack

2 hours ago, GeoJack said:

Lived in Merced from '58 to '68

I was stationed at Castle back in 69-71. Had a lot of fun around the Merced area. Good memories for sure. :yesss:

Posted (edited)

My dad worked at Castle from'58 till the early sixties, moved out from Wichita, Kansas / Boeing. Didn't want to go back. We use to sit under the runway and get shook to hell from the BUFFs coming and going. Can't watch American Graffiti without appreciating growing up in that era in that area. Use to cruise the strip on 16th.

Edited by GeoJack
  • Like 1

Did either of you go to Atwater schools.. Lived here all my life except 66-69 when I got to visit around with the Army

4 minutes ago, pondmn said:

Did either of you go to Atwater schools

I was just stationed there for a couple of years. Spent a lot of time in Modesto with my girl friend at the time. :4chsmu1:

Both my wife and I grew up in Merced, neither of us went to Atwater but I did attend the school on Franklin Rd. Walked through the alpha fields to get there.