Nugget Shooter Forums

9 hours ago, NvAuMiner said:

Well the 'fat-lady-sang' tonight!!!  Its a done deal... 16 Eurasian doves down - yielded 32+ breast/bacon-jalapeno wraps and you can get two bites off one wrap when you cut them half.  Topped it off with mixed veggies and seasoned potato wedges.     Delicious... Delicious...Delicious :thumbsupanim

IMG_2502.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2507.JPG

Send me some.😉

• Like 3

11 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Well it looks like your "volunteered" to make lunch when we head down your direction haha. Those look great!!

You got it Dan... But ! ! Doesn't "voluntold" sound about right?  LOL :4chsmu1:  I usually don't go all out when out in the hills.  I like to keep to simple with something like Black pepper Triscuit crackers, cheese and some type of deer, elk, or summer sausage.  Sometimes it's just jerky, almonds and an apple will suffice when there's diggin to be done.

SHOOT. . . now I'm hungry, better go make breakfast for the sleepyheads around here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Easy is best when your in the hills. That sounds like our desert diet also haha. Those sure do look good though. My wife is cooking breakfast as we speak, then its off to the shop to rebuild the front end of my truck. Take care.

• Like 2

Used to do the tooth picks and bacon on Mallard breast chunks then put them in a zip lock and pour a jug of Italian dressing in, let soak for a couple hours. Was really good on duck, don't know about dove. You do end up with some flames from the oil and bacon grease. Sure looks good in your pics.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2018 at 7:42 AM, Randall said:

My youngest brother just recently rebuilt (new seals) his old 1970's Sheridan pump air rifle which shoots the cylindrical 5mm (.20 cal.) lead pellet. I had to borrow it a couple months back to unfortunately end the lives of a couple squirrels who refused to be deterred. A lot of people underestimate the capabilities of good quality air rifles with a well placed shot. Some of these ones made today are really moving some FPS along with excellent accuracy!

I don't remember seeing these ring-neck looking doves growing up as a youngster... but then again that was some decades back?!  Ha!

I just sold a 1967 Sheridan .20cal in pretty good shape. Was surprised how much $ it brought.

• Like 1