Nugget Shooter Forums
NMGoldBug

Hello From New Mexico!

Howdy everyone!  I’m a newbie on the forum. In wanting to learn nugget-shooting, and in deciding on the best detector for myself.  I am a psychotherapist in New Mexico and looking into following a childhood dream of actually looking for and finding...gold.

I want to start a collection of gold nuggets beginning in New Mexico (to get my feet wet and hopefully learn from a pro), then the surrounding,  nugget-bearing placer sites.  Since I am desiring to work the Southwestern states, any suggestions on the above would be greatly appreciated.  My brother and I (opposite ends of the state) want to team up and learn together.

NM Gold Bug

PS: The photo I found online of nuggets supposedly found in the bed of the Rio Ruidoso close to Ruidoso Downs, NM.  Does anyone know if there are nuggets like these that could be found from panning 10 - 5-gallon buckets of fine gravel from this river bed?

734DC428-D692-425D-9428-03A39C7A42AE.jpeg

Edited by NMGoldBug
Spelling
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard....

Howdy NM.

River name is supposed to mean "noisy river" probably good trout fishing.

Welcome to the forum.  What part of NM are you located ?  I'm down here by the Dotted Line. 

Welcome NMGoldbug ... Lots of good info here ... research back into the archives and you will find a lot. I'm in AZ so can't help with NM but there are a few folks over your way that may be able to help you. 

Thanks for the welcome, everyone...I look forward to learning from the posts and getting out there and getting exercise, fresh air, and - who knows - might even trip over a boulder of gold lookin’ for a pinhead!:ROFL:

• Haha 1

Welcome to the forum NMGB, I'm looking forward to you posting your first gold find!!!

Howdy there Homefire, I’m in the Ruidoso area.  Any good nugget bearing areas you would recommend?  I’d like to meet up with someone who could give some pointers.  Reading the forums are informative but for someone who has never swung a detector before, after the thinking stage and the reality of my ignorance about the subject, it appears daunting as to where to start! :idunno:

Your well out side of my stomping grounds.  But if your ever down here give me a shout.    Sounds like you could benefit by joining a club for some spell.   You could get your feet wet , learn some do's and don't on land issues until your confident enough to spread your wings.    Look into some of these clubs.   You may find one that you can tie up with for a bit.

http://www.mdhtalk.org/cf/club.cfm?st=NM