Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dakota Slim

Sunken treasure from Gold Rush-era shipwreck to go on display

Dakota thanks for torturing my sole with this beautiful ocean find. Imagine the impact this find had on the first persons eyes laid on the treasure. Like the feeling of a jackpot winner times a billion because you worked to find it and the unique environment and perhaps the spotty sunlight or bright flashlight shimmering off the gold the first time in over a century as the first witness,,, the greatest instant gratification ever I suppose...!!!! Mind blowing!!!!!!

Would be dangerous to find if you had a weak heart....

Clipboard01.jpg

• Like 2

If you have not read "Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea" by Gary Kinder you are missing one of the most fascinating and intriguing accounts of a treasure hunt ever written. It is the story of the search for the S. S. Central America and if you are interested in this sort of thing, you will be riveted, it's wild.  

• Like 1

yowser......

I used to dive and metal detect under the waves....Garrett Sea Hunter....   A panic attack ended that.:cry2:

• Like 1

I also have dived on Spanish wrecks. The thrill of a lifetime.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2018 at 8:57 AM, FlakMagnet said:

If you have not read "Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea" by Gary Kinder you are missing one of the most fascinating and intriguing accounts of a treasure hunt ever written. It is the story of the search for the S. S. Central America and if you are interested in this sort of thing, you will be riveted, it's wild.  

I started to read this book last week while on vacation. It was hard to put down! One of the best books I have read along with Diary of a 49er and Bacon and Beans From a Gold Pan. It's hard enough to find time to prospect these days let alone read a book, but flak says it correct.

• Like 1