Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
H-2 Charlie

more new laws comming

Well the sport fishing industry was one of the major backers of all the current restrictions for gold prospecting in California and they were told over and over they were next, did they listen...NO, while I feel sorry for them and I love to fish, but I only do so for eating not for the sport, I have a hard time thinking about helping them with this fight....I know I probaly will though because I don't want this to spread to other states, but I stll have sorta a grudge against most of the sport fishing people in California, I know they all didn't back the gold prospecting restrictions but a large majority did!! :grr01:

• Like 1

We tried to get them involved eh? Wait till hikers get locked out...... :stupidrb:

• Like 2

I'm looong time surfcaster, (Admin on StriperSurf.com) (New Jersey Beach Buggy Association) since my early teens, and now a saltwater fly fisher, hunter, metal detectorist.  It seems like everything I like I have to defend cause people want to take it away. ....Beach Buggy Association, not that's a fight to maintain.  

I'm going to try and have golf and bike paths outlawed... oh wait, I like them too.:grr01:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cooper said:

I'm looong time surfcaster, (Admin on StriperSurf.com) (New Jersey Beach Buggy Association) since my early teens,

My dad ran Buggies up and down the Jersey beach in the 1930s and 1940s.  I took over in the 1950s and had a ball chasing Blues and Stripers.  I had two 30/31 Model 'A's but I didn't know there was a Beach Buggy outfit to join.  Was active in the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Model A club of America.  Fun Days, they did lift the privilege during WWII but there were other things to think about then. 

Old Tom

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Old Tom said:

My dad ran Buggies up and down the Jersey beach in the 1930s and 1940s.  I took over in the 1950s and had a ball chasing Blues and Stripers.  I had two 30/31 Model 'A's but I didn't know there was a Beach Buggy outfit to join.  Was active in the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Model A club of America.  Fun Days, they did lift the privilege during WWII but there were other things to think about then. 

Old Tom

Absolutely Old Tom.  My home away from home is Island Beach State Park and my Buggy Permit. Made a lot of good friends down there. Although I don't have a Ford any more, run a Toyota Tacoma now. Its also a good place to Metal Detect, yes you have to get a permit there but, its free. 

JOE_beachbuggy2.jpg

Joe1.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Cooper said:

It seems like everything I like I have to defend cause people want to take it away. ..

You know, it's not just the screwballs in power that want to restrict access to what is rightfully ours, we do it to ourselves many times.  By not cleaning up after ourselves and others, being rough on others property, rude to land owners, skirting present laws, etc.  What might be worse is being passive in the face of the nonsense that is being thrust upon us in many cases.  If you don't fight the devil he'll come and eat you.    :ROFL:

Old Tom   

• Like 3