Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

MARCH 2018 NS Spring Outing

CANCELLED......

OK everyone we will be doing the Spring Fling in the Quartzsite area this year and it should be fun in a new area to many folks and a little less filled with the dirt bike and quad crowds we now see at the LSD. This outing will be the weekend of March 23rd and will run from Friday to Sunday as usual. There will be some free Minelab Gold Monster lessons as well as help from other members with almost any detector you may own.

Directions are very simple and the area we will camp is directly across the highway from Tom Wells Truck Stop on I-10 West of Quartzsite. We will post signs and bright green tape to the area most will be camping. There will be a pot luck dinner on Saturday evening and fun around the campfire, This is a large area to hunt so DO SOME RESEARCH on the area before you get there.

Here is a google look at camp....

Tom Wells.JPG

This is a free outing and allot of fun and I will be supplying smoked pork roast for part of the main course at Saturday's pot luck dinner. Lots of area to camp with good RV access and flat parking areas. We will get a head count in a poll I will post around the first week in March so I know how much pork to smoke. Fire wood is also needed if we plan to have a fire as there is none to be found in the desert here for the most part.

See you there....

• Like 3

Bill
Count me in and thank you for doing this,
Chet

• Thanks 1

This area has produced some multi-ounce nuggets and speci's.
If yer new to the area good luck, an dig em all. (signals) !:old:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frank c said:

This area has produced some multi-ounce nuggets and speci's.
If yer new to the area good luck, an dig em all. (signals) !:old:

You better be there this time or I will be sending Guido :nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same goes for you mister :evil1:

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Are there any near-by motels like maybe in Erenberg? I don't own a camper. (some outdoorsman right? haha)

Flak, you can google a motel at the Dome rock area in Qzite,there is one  OR in Blythe Ca.
I don't believe there are any in Erenberg I may be wrong.

Edited by frank c

Super 8 on Dome Rock Road

Bill, don't leave out the Quartzsite "Yacht Club " motel and eatery. 

• Hmmmmmm 1

Didn't know the motel was still open....

Have fun all I can't make it to this one unfortunately but on the plus side I just signed the papers for my new place can't wait to move in have fun and find that gold 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Dang, where does the time go?

Didn't we just have an outing?  Not complaining mind you.

Now that I got those pins in my hips I am good as gold.  I can't believe that I suffered for 15 years with that condition, when a 50 minute operation solved the pain.

Doc

• Like 3

I've detected Quartzsite before, but never that area.  I always stayed down in the camp ground where the big quartz mountain is at.  Always had pretty good luck down in Quartzsite.

I was thinking we just had an outing.  I am really getting old.  I was confusing our fall outing with the Minelab Partner Conference when we went to Morristown.  That was just in January.

I am hoping to get down there and see all my friends. 

Doc

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

DOC I have seen how you got around before you got those pins. I can't imagine how much ground you'll cover now that you're pinned.

Happy you are doing well.

Hey Doc ... Yes you are getting that old ... but then again we all are ... no fun the other way! :old:

By the Way I owe a big thanks to someone here on the forum.

I knew about this SI Joint dysfunction and the surgery for it using titanium implants.  But of course I was sort of reluctant.  What if it was all hype?  What if it didn't work like they said it would?

Well Tommie33 was at one of the outings and he told me he had the surgery and he felt great and would highly recommend it.

Seriously, that is what shoved me over the line to get the surgery and I am really glad I did.  Tommie even talked to me a couple of times before the surgery to answer my questions and after the surgery to see how I did.

So there are more reasons than just looking for gold to go to these outings.  You just never know what good things might come of meeting up with like minded friendly people.

Thanks Tommie!

Doc

• Like 5

That's GOLD in itself there Doc ... just not of the yellow rock kind! Glad you are doing so well!

• Like 1

Bill,

I want you to be perfectly honest with me.  Are you having this outing in this location because it's close to a gas station?

I mean is it because for the last three outings I have been mooching gas off of you and Mike Furness for my ATV?  I offered to pay for the gas, but you guys wouldn't let me.

So everybody, when none of us can sleep because we are camped so close to the Interstate, it's all my fault.  :ROFL:

Doc

• Haha 5

Hahahahaha, no Doc and we are far enough away it is not bad. They have food though lol

• Like 2

Bill,

OK, so what I hear you telling me is it's not the gas you care so much about, but you are tired of me mooching food too?

darn IT!  :grr01:

Doc 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DOC said:

Bill,

OK, so what I hear you telling me is it's not the gas you care so much about, but you are tired of me mooching food too?

darn IT!  :grr01:

Doc 

Well I didn't just want to come out and say it :4chsmu1:

• Haha 4

Question"  It looks like a lot of that land around there is on the Colorado River Reservation.  How do we know where to prospect at where we are not on Reservation land?

Doc

36 minutes ago, DOC said:

Question"  It looks like a lot of that land around there is on the Colorado River Reservation.  How do we know where to prospect at where we are not on Reservation land?

Doc

Not to mention the Bureau of Reclamation land we'll be camping on....   :arrowheadsmiley:

:Just_Cuz_06: