Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ataboy

To introduce myself...

Hello to everyone. My name is Stephen and look forward to being a part of your forums. My hats that I wear; recently retired, electronics, and strong mechanical background, DIY and Prepper/survivalist attitude, along with father of 3 adult children. I travel the western states in my motorhome with my dog Mikey. I have had a passion for geology, rock hounding, and now gold and other valuable mineral prospecting. This is my new hat in retirement years. This is a new fulltime venture for me and have little experience or truthful knowledge. What I do have is a strong mind and body and the will to make it happen. (god's grace). Also, freedom to go, no tie downs, and to much time on my hands. A liability; I tend to believe what is told to me as being truthful. This has cost me in money and valuable time, along with a growing distrust with the people I meet. I don't like to carry this distrust. I ask for truthful, honest, and genuine comments that will share your knowledge and experiences with me. Thanks for letting me come on board.

With Respect, Stephen  ( Ataboy )

Stephen:
 Welcome to the group!
Try  and make it to the outing at Quartzsite in March. There will be a lot of people there that can help you get started.

We will be there if you make it.
Tom H.

Welcome aboard..

Welcome to the forum and gold prospecting Stephen,  most if not all of whom you may meet from this forum are very genuine people.

Welcome to the boards and have fun...

Hello and welcome, Stephen!

I completely agree with what TomH suggested about going to the March outing in Quartzsite if at all possible. When I joined this group a couple of years ago and attended my first outing, I met a lot of really great people and learned A LOT about nugget detecting and was given great advice on equipment and so much other useful information. I'm not an outgoing, trusting, or social person by nature (I was a hermit for years), but somehow the guys I met at that first outing managed to make me feel welcome from the moment I arrived. Since then, I've made some very good friends, found a couple of guys to detect with that I trust and I've found some gold. Totally worth it! 

Lisa

• Like 2

Hi Lisa, thanks for your reply. I wont be able to make the March outing. I'm in Oregon visiting my daughter and my new grandson. (1st one) I hope I can catch a rain check for any future get togethers.  Arizona sounds welcoming right now with the cold front happening here in OR. Next on my adjenda is to continue looking for a property to make a home base for me and my dog. Any thoughts or ideas towards this would be greatly appreciated also.  Good luck and good health to you.

Respectfully, Stephen

• Like 2

We do two a year....

16 hours ago, Ataboy said:

Hi Lisa, thanks for your reply. I wont be able to make the March outing. I'm in Oregon visiting my daughter and my new grandson. (1st one) I hope I can catch a rain check for any future get togethers.  Arizona sounds welcoming right now with the cold front happening here in OR. Next on my adjenda is to continue looking for a property to make a home base for me and my dog. Any thoughts or ideas towards this would be greatly appreciated also.  Good luck and good health to you.

Respectfully, Stephen

Congrats on the Grandson Stephen, I like you are in the cold area  but on the other side of the country up in the Northeast, although in upstate NY it's going to be 72 today, go figure, but would love to relocate to CO or AZ.  Keep us posted on the move and good luck.  Cooper