Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Terry Soloman

Equinox 600 Arrived Today!

Got the machine today! Took 3-hours for the initial charge, and I'll be headed for the beach on Long Island tomorrow, to test it in the wet sand and surf. Pretty excited!:yesss:

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome Terry Welcome to the club :)

• Like 1

Look what I found today Terry :)  12-14 is a pretty magic range

• Like 2

Excellent Terry.  Hopefully a Video coming with this one...

• Like 2

Good luck Terry!

• Like 2

My first hunt with the Equinox 600, took me out to Long Island, and Field #4 at Jones Beach. I popped the machine into “Beach 1,” and used the factory preset program to start in the dry sand. I immediately realized I had no idea what I was doing or how to use all the tools this machine has available to me, so I decided to just relax and try and learn the different tones and VDI numbers.

My first high tone (VDI 25) was a clad quarter in the dry sand. The signal was strong, and I was surprised when it took two scoops to get down to it – at least 10”-12” deep. Happy-happy!! Pull tabs were coming in around VDI 15, and a deep nickel (9”) also came in at VDI 15. Once I got down to the water, I switched to “Beach 2” and transitioned into the wet sand and shallow surf. Completely smooth, no falsing, crisp signals. I was able to pass up bobby pins and iron with no problem and got a nice surprise when I got a solid high tone and a VDI 28 IN THE WATER. Three scoops later I had a Silver 1946 Dime!

I dug a couple of new pennies deep in the surf as well, and a Wheatie on the way back to the boardwalk! I couldn’t be happier with this new machine on the beach. It is lighter than my Tesoro Sand Shark and seems to be just about as deep as the Excalibur that was following me around. My problem (being a Tesoro guy), is not knowing how to use it yet, but I am sure with a few more hunts under my belt I’ll be able to use it with more precision.

So, to sum up, first time out at the beach was a pleasure and surprise. Very good separation and recovery in heavy trash (bottle caps; screw tops; bobby pins; nails; screws; wire), with good high tones next to low tones. Plenty deep, in wet sand and saltwater. I may never use my trusty Sand Shark again.

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0350.jpg

• Like 3

Well done Terry ... especially for the first time out. Keep experimenting and posting the results!

• Like 1

Some really nice results .

• Like 1

WTG on the silver Terry :yesss:

Tom H.

• Like 1

Very nice darn I want to be at the beach lol

• Like 1

Rinsed the coil well, I thought. Opened the coil cover and found out I didn't do such a great job! Sand, dirt, dust and mud will get in, so clean it out regularly!

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

• Like 1

The coil cover on my Whites MX Sport does the same thing in the sand.

• Like 1

Good advice for anyone using a detector in a wet environment. Very fine particles do get by the cover and coil ... or at least everyone I have ever owned. Pop the cover after each time out and you won't be sorry. Alternatively you could seal the seams with tape or silicon but it is very difficult to get a 100% seal on an open spoke coil.

• Like 2

Wow awesome finds Terry!! That machine is amazing!!!

• Like 1