Nugget Shooter Forums
Rod

SDC memories - Dinks, Ouncers and nuggets in between

Reading Luke’s story yesterday about his mods to the SDC batteries and seeing the gold he found after really brought back some great SDC memories for me. I’ve read quite a few positive posts about the SDC and also an equal number of critical posts about it, both here on Bill's forum and on other forums/sites. IMHO it's an outstanding detector and I often miss having an SDC in the detector arsenal. 

So, I’m sharing a couple of pics of some of the dinks, ouncers, and other sizes of nuggets that I found with my SDC. I was very fortunate to be able to travel with it across the USA. Enjoy :head:

Top pic. Two nice specimens, 1.89 ounces (left) and 2.75 ounces (right). Two sub 1/10th of a gram pieces below.

sdcnvp1.jpg

An assortment of nuggets that the SDC talked out of the ground from various places.

sdcaz1.jpg

• Like 16

Rod 

Nice bunch of gold! 

I am wondering what the host rock is on the 2 specimens? 

• Like 1

Wow....

I remember way back when I used to visit a certain website dedicated to detecting gold and pretty much anything related to prospecting for gold in Arizona.  That website is what initially caused me to 'pull the trigger' and buy my first gold detector.  That was several years before I found my way to Nugget Shooter.

Thanks Rod.  :thumbsupanim

Nice gold too.  :D

The SDC is a fantastic detector, which is why I try not to sing it's praises very often.  :4chsmu1:

Luke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations .

very nice

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Rod 

Nice bunch of gold! 

I am wondering what the host rock is on the 2 specimens? 

Thanks fish. Its a brown hematite matrix with quartz

Rod, WOW. beautiful nuggets, the bottom picture, from all one trip?

• Like 1

Very nice, Rod.   Luke has shown me what the SDC can do first hand.  The SDC fills the gap for getting into those hard to reach places that a ZED cannot.  And you prove that it'll get those lunkers, too! 

• Like 1

Righteous finds. John :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cooper said:

Rod, WOW. beautiful nuggets, the bottom picture, from all one trip?

Different spots, same trip. Speaking of that...Here's a cleaned up 3.62 ouncer from just a few feet away from the 2.75 ouncer :head: This is source gold. There were two sources in the same area, feeding the same main wash. We cleaned house here, there's much more :yesss:

3621.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The 3.62 ouncer above is a great SDC memory. Why? Well, because it was found by a GP Extreme with a 14 inch coil. The wash we recovered this gold in was loaded with trash, seriously loaded. You could swing your coil, get a few dozen signals in 3 feet and that means you dig them all. One of my friends and I had been working the area and it took a while before another friend could join us due to his family needs, that happened a weeks later from the initial discovery. When he finally did join us, he brought the Extreme. He asked where to start and I gave him the pointy finger up where the 2.75 ouncer was found as there was a lot of ground up that way to cover still. Our approach to this area had been simple, three phase plan, dig all the banger signals in the cherry spots, then go back and work through the trash, then vac and dry wash it all. And so we did. This approach worked great. While executing the first phase we found a lot of big gold, ones like I’ve already posted. When the Extreme showed up we were still in phase one. Yeah, we’re slow but thorough :black_knight_standing: My friend had been seeing all the texts of our gold and really wanted a big piece, thus the pointy finger. About 20 minutes into it he got a deep signal and popped the 3.62 ouncer out. The SDC just never heard it and I swung over the area several times. We were all very happy for him (lots of high fives and smiles :thumbsupanim) and we all went on to collectively recover hundreds more nuggets (including some more big ones that I’ve not shared here) before we dry washed the area. This all happened a few years ago and my last trip to this area (testing the GPZ last year) resulted in only a very small nugget found. The wash is essentially target barren now having been ran with multiple vlf, pi, mvt, zvt detectors and dry washed. This nugget and story illustrates that the SDC does have its limits with depth and ground coverage but again, I often miss having one on in my arsenal. Such a great detector :head: As for the sources of the gold, well that's another story for another day :200:

Edited by Rod
update/typos
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Rod said:

Different spots, same trip. Speaking of that...Here's a cleaned up 3.62 ouncer from just a few feet away from the 2.75 ouncer :head: This is source gold. There were two sources in the same area, feeding the same main wash. We cleaned house here, there's much more :yesss:

3621.jpg

What's on the two plates? Looks yummy.

Very nice gold by the way. Thanks for posting.

Can't remember what we ate Morlock. Some road house in Nevada maybe :Just_Cuz_06: It always fun breaking bread with friends and certainly awesome to be feasting our eyes on the multi ouncers in our pokes. We each had a little humble pie too :ROFL:

• Like 1