Nugget Shooter Forums
Rocky

Who has used GM V-SAT hunting chondrites???

Hi y'all, 

I would like someone who has hunted with the goldmaster v-sat to chime in. Do you hunt for chondrites with the Iron I.D. on or off. I quote in the manual it says in the I.D. on position "iron targets (not to small or to deep) will distort the signal (chatter or break up) and deflect the meter needle to the right". Okay so the sentence is fine but I'm wondering if I search for chondrites I would obviously like to know if I'm on top of iron.

Question:  Does the detectors audio signal respond the same in (Iron I.D. ON) as it does in (Iron I.D. off) or does the.       --chatter and break up signal--  occur only (Iron I.D. ON mode) only????

Thanks for the help,

I'm nose deep in the manual right now.

One thing that might be a help is to get a sample of what you are hunting and test different settings on the machine...see what works the best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, azdigger said:

One thing that might be a help is to get a sample of what you are hunting and test different settings on the machine...see what works the best.

True, I have plenty of that I'm just looking for the trend what people find more useful for this particular detector and chondrites.

9 minutes ago, azdigger said:

I'm going to have my brother bury some of my chondrites in the woods and then I'm going to try to locate them after playing with the settings, like hide and seek :)

Edited by Rocky

Well I should have been more patient because after reading further I now know that when you have the iron I.D. in the on position it will distort feedback on iron targets that the circuitry positively identifies as iron. Yay!! I don't think I'll be using that for now unless is is counter intuitive to use that feature.

Edited by Rocky

Rocky, if you use "known" target samples in you backyard in a test garden, you will become familiar with the machine and the"sounds" of each type sample quickly and efficiently.
This will also allow you to change settings as you experiment.
Hapy Huntn.