Nugget Shooter Forums
Rod

Alaska - Cali - Thinking about summertime adventures

Sitting here enjoying my coffee this morning :th_coffeescreen: thinking about where to travel this summer. I'm certainly ready to spend a few more weeks in Alaska. And my cousin invited me up to his cabin and to work his claims in El Dorado country Cali this summer. Both sound great. Decisions, decisions! :yesss: Below are some Alaska pics of myself, my family, and my long time friend Las up in Alaska, 2016. Hope you enjoy the pics. On some of those hikes with the SDC into the bush I was thinking that we'd run into a bear or moose, especially with all the berries growing everywhere but we never did. Talked to a few operators up in the Forty Mile district and over near Valdez Creek. More than one had a 500 ounce season, one hit 998 ounces. The permafrost was a bear. Beautiful country :thumbsupanim

akp17.jpg

akp16.jpg

akp15.jpg

akp14.jpg

akp13.jpg

akp12.jpg

akp11.jpg

akp10.jpg

akp9.jpg

akp8.jpg

akp7.jpg

akp6.jpg

akp5.jpg

akp4.jpg

akp3.jpg

akp2.jpg

akp1.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome pics Rod! Looks like you have a tough decision to make lol. Either way, im sure it will be a blast. 

• Like 1

Nice pi's!  Was that a piece of ice or a very large diamond in those muddy gloves? (joking)

How were the mossies??? and meat bees?

enjoy 

fred

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fredmason said:

Nice pi's!  Was that a piece of ice or a very large diamond in those muddy gloves? (joking)

How were the mossies??? and meat bees?

enjoy 

fred

LOL the ice. My daughter licked it and then I said "Wonder how many diseases are frozen in there? " :rolleyes: She licked it again and said "People pay good money for glacial water! Taste mineralized." We were pleasantly surprised to have virtually no problems with bugs. We bought head nets in anticipation but never took them out of the box. A few Alaskans we spoke with said the bugs aren't bad everywhere. Guess we got lucky on our travels :yesss:

• Like 1

Lots of luck where ever you go -John

• Like 1

El Dorado county is beautiful right now, need more water though.

• Like 1

Excellent pictures, clarity is great.  Kinda makes me feel like I'm there. More pics.....

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2018 at 5:32 AM, Cooper said:

Excellent pictures, clarity is great.  Kinda makes me feel like I'm there. More pics.....

Thanks Cooper, I'm glad you're enjoying them. Here are a few more. We have thousands lol

ak315.jpg

ak314.jpg

ak313.jpg

ak311.jpg

ak310.jpg

ak39.jpg

ak38.jpg

ak37.jpg

ak36.jpg

ak35.jpg

ak34.jpg

ak33.jpg

ak32.jpg

Edited by Rod
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rod said:

Thanks Cooper, I'm glad you're enjoying them. Here are a few more. We have thousands lol

ak315.jpg

ak314.jpg

ak313.jpg

ak311.jpg

ak310.jpg

ak39.jpg

ak38.jpg

ak37.jpg

ak36.jpg

ak35.jpg

ak34.jpg

ak33.jpg

ak32.jpg

Dang Rod, unless your a photographer, you missed your calling.   Fantastic..

Great photo's Rod. love seeing them. looks like you all had a blast. Ive never done Alaska. a bit cold for me in general but you cant argue with the gold found there

and I sure love the scenery. :thumbsupanim

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your trip, I have an invite to AK this summer in Aug and seriously trying to get it done....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Thanks for sharing your trip, I have an invite to AK this summer in Aug and seriously trying to get it done....

You'll love it Bill :) 

• Like 1