Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi everyone,  hope your all getting out and enjoying the weather. Last weekend when we got back from detecting, i built the boys a display case for the speci gold they found last summer. It turned out pretty cool and they are happy with it. Also is a pic of the Shield nickel i found last weekend. Its a 1875 in pretty good shape. Cameron found 2 more silver spoon also. Other than that, not a huge find weekend but fun. Take care everyone. 

Dan

20180210_102500.jpg

20180210_102712.jpg

20180203_155417.jpg

20180203_155408.jpg

• Like 15

Dan

Terrific finds. Congrats to you and the kids. Did everything come from you know where? Also, I can see why you want some you know what.:inocent:

• Thanks 1

Very Nice finds Dan and I love the display too. I see you've been busy up there. :yesss:

AzNuggetBob

• Thanks 1

Steve, actually the species were found in a different part of the state on a friends claim. He has a bunch of high grade piles that never got ran back in the day. So we go down and detect them with the GB2s. The boys have a blast going down there. The coin on the other hand was found at our spot. 

3 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Very Nice finds Dan and I love the display too. I see you've been busy up there. :yesss:

AzNuggetBob

Bob, unfortunately not as busy as we want to be lol. Seems like the weather turns to crud on the weekends lately. Been pretty cold. Soon though i hope. 

Nice job on the display Dan.  They'll have that forever.:thumbsupanim

• Thanks 1

Thanks Doug, i hope they will. How you been and hows the shoulder doing?

Nice work and beautiful finds! 

• Thanks 1

The pic doesn't really show the gold content or the clusters of gold. For those of you that didnt see last years pics after we found them, here is what they look like. Thats why i made them the case because some of them are fragile. 

20170330_125948.jpg

20170330_133056.jpg

20170330_215243.jpg

Edited by nugget108
  • Like 4

Sweet finds, love the natural gold, and nice work on the display! :4chsmu1:

• Thanks 1

Very nice nugget! Great job on the display. Glad you guys are getting out together for some quality time. I hear about kids my daughter goes to school with that have never hiked, ridden bikes or played sports. Just screen time on tablets and TV's with little outdoor activity, feel bad for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Very nice nugget! Great job on the display. Glad you guys are getting out together for some quality time. I hear about kids my daughter goes to school with that have never hiked, ridden bikes or played sports. Just screen time on tablets and TV's with little outdoor activity, feel bad for them. 

Very true. My kids have friends that are the same way. Never been out of the house and into the hills. I feel bad for them also.

Dan, I hope some of us PCSC members who will be displaying our goodies at the upcoming Gem & Mineral Show in Torrance first weekend of March can offer up such a nicely crafted display as what you have shared with us.  Thanks for the inspiration!  And, YES, greater opportunities for youngsters to explore the natural world are sorely lacking (or simply not successfully promoted).

Edited by Micro Nugget
missing word.
  • Thanks 1

I love to see that species gold, Dan.  Your display is rock'n!  Keep at it with the gold finds!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Micro Nugget said:

Dan, I hope some of us PCSC members who will be displaying our goodies at the upcoming Gem & Mineral Show in Torrance first weekend of March can offer up such a nicely crafted display as what you have shared with us.  Thanks for the inspiration!  And, YES, greater opportunities for youngsters to explore the natural world are sorely lacking (or simply not successfully promoted).

WOW thank you Micro, i appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Andyy said:

I love to see that species gold, Dan.  Your display is rock'n!  Keep at it with the gold finds!

Thanks Andy, hopefully i HAVE to build more soon due to lack of storage for all of the specimens we are going to find haha. Take care.

• Like 1

That is a great looking display!! Congrats on the shield nickel. Its always nice finding an old coin. Don't try any fancy cleaning on it cause it will ruin it. At the most use a toothpick to clean the dirt which will leave a lot of the patina. Just my thoughts on it.

Cheers!!

Mike

• Thanks 1

Really cool! 

• Thanks 1