Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
suad

Diamond?

I will give you a suggestion for future possible pictures taken of mineral specimens.....

Do not put the camera so close.  It is better to have the camera back and allow the device to clearly focus on the object.

Then later, you can crop the photo in your computer to make it look like a 'close-up' shot.

Also, do not use the 'zoom' feature.  The pictures will look like the ones you've posted.

Thanks

• Like 1

The only places in the USA you will find Diamonds are: Arkansas, Crater of Diamond State Park, the Kimberlite district of NE Colorado along the Wyoming boarder (also into Wyoming) and East Tennessee in my old home of Roane County (source is a single kimberlite on the Clinch River, currently under a lake).

Thanks fredmason.Mineral show dispersion of white light and negative electron affinity.

20180203_165438.jpg

Huh?  I don't know what that means, but...

where did you find it-generally, not specifically.

it is a miserable picture but the clear-ish material seems more like some kind of quartz....

Diamonds have some very distinct features which are not apparent in your photo.

fred

3 hours ago, 4meter said:

The only places in the USA you will find Diamonds are: Arkansas, Crater of Diamond State Park, the Kimberlite district of NE Colorado along the Wyoming boarder (also into Wyoming) and East Tennessee in my old home of Roane County (source is a single kimberlite on the Clinch River, currently under a lake).

4meter, according to this member's IP address he's from Europe, specifically Bosnia region.

• Like 1

Thanks fredmason,Au Seeker and Luke J.It is so easy mix up Quartz and diamond indetification. Is this transparency. The list of transparent material is so short.

20180210_212608.jpg

20180210_212628.jpg

20180210_212731.jpg

I am not an expert....But, except for a well worn quartz crystal I don't see how one could confuse the two...that is not a diamond!

this picture also is not so good

freed

• Like 1