Nugget Shooter Forums
adam

Junkyard Dog Wash - FISA Memo !!

Last Sunday , I decided to visit this gully after seeing the equipment left behind. I also wanted to do some detecting! :yesss:   You see,  Boulderdash and I have both worked the heck out of this ravine in the past, and still continue to do so from time to time, though 90% of the 1000 foot ravine has been drywashed. Rod is also well aware that we had worked it.

That equipment is not ours and the responsible party still is around but did not have a way to access the stuff.. It also used to be covered with a tarp, which is long since decomposed with some remnants.

Anyway, I took the initiative to clean it up even though it is not mine. After several trips, and a few trash bags I managed to get the pile of items loaded up and hauled out of there.  A few deteriorated buckets remain, and I will get them next time I go detecting over there. 

There is a neatly stacked group of buckets there that do belong to me which are still in good shape, and I will be using them soon.

Problem solved, and the rest of the gold I got is in the "look what I found" thread :D 

Before....

IMG_1048.JPG

After...

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

Edited by adam
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Adam, I don't care what BD says about you, you're OK.  

Old Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep them boys got some skillz that make me rethink sometimes.... Old Dog.... Tricks.... and stuff :old: Peace is good too...

• Like 3

So my newest guess is the responsible party suffered a life altering injury between trips out there and couldn't physically make it back in anymore. :89:

1 minute ago, Alwaysdirty said:

So my newest guess is the responsible party suffered a life altering injury between trips out there and couldn't physically make it back in anymore. :89:

I was thinking it had something to do with no longer having access to a capable vehicle.  :idunno:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I was thinking it had something to do with no longer having access to a capable vehicle.  :idunno:

Yeah or that too! 

Kind of like how I now wish I had never sold my dirtbike because I know of a hilltop covered in old drywash piles that the trail in has a collapsed shelf road that is impassible by pretty much anything other than a bike,  and I have only been there with my SD when I was totally green and now have a monster and some skills and no way back but a real long :hiker:

2 minutes ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Kind of like how I now wish I had never sold my dirtbike because I know of a hilltop covered in old drywash piles

Dang dude !   Hope you find a way back there....

12 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I was thinking it had something to do with no longer having access to a capable vehicle.

I believe that was the reason Luke. Its been a while since I talked with the guy though. ...Its taken care of now however.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Dang dude !   Hope you find a way back there....

All the recent hillside talk has me thinking heavily  about this spot.  Its very well hidden and I got totally lucky stumbling across it years ago. There is at least a football field size of old flattened out piles. I found square bellows nails in the fines piles.  There is huge cross cutting quartz stringers,   there is abrupt minerilazation contact. Good god I am getting worked up thinking about it. Really its about a two mile hike up and over and up again through some really rugged terrain. Going back in March after I get through this crazy busy spell I am in. Might take some good company with me to increase the odds.  

• Like 4

Fantastic stewardship of the public lands and gold also-double win and all my respect-John :D

• Like 1

Adam ... a HUGE THANK YOU for taking the time and making the effort to remove all the junk. You got a handful of ATTA-BOYS from that one! :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 3:05 PM, adam said:

Rod is also well aware that we had worked it.

FISA Memo LOL :rolleyes: Honestly, no. We've never been there together or seen each other in that spot. You and Wade are not the only prospectors that handstack and leave buckets/equipment out in the desert. I don't automagically assume any equipment is yours :idunno:Anyway, good job to both of you :thumbsupanim 

Agree with the owner not being physically capable of returning; or some life altering event. Maybe he was getting divorced and was hiding it from his ex.

Good to see a GB2 out there. I will always have mine with me.

Did you check for shallow graves?

Cheers!!

Mike

On 2/4/2018 at 11:24 AM, Mike Furness said:

Adam ... a HUGE THANK YOU for taking the time and making the effort to remove all the junk. You got a handful of ATTA-BOYS from that one! :thumbsupanim

Thanks Mike. Its easier for me to just put the effort in to clean it up. It was a long time coming....  I prefer to take action rather than talk about it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adam said:

I prefer to take action rather than talk about it. 

Hey, I offered...  :hiker:

But you guys didn't want to tell me where it was.  :idunno:

:inocent:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Hey, I offered...  :hiker:

But you guys didn't want to tell me where it was.  :idunno:

:inocent:

:4chsmu1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3