Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Just placed a order for new/old detector!!!

Within the search for a used GB2, thankfully a hand full of you guys chimed in with suggestions for other brands that will find Chondrites as well and in the end I got a darn good deal. After you guys suggested a Whites Gold Master V-SAT I did a little eBay search and stumbled upon a newly listed Gold Master that had a "make a offer" option so I submitted a $100 offer and by golly the kind gentleman accepted!!!! So the cool part about this Gold Master is it's set up with a neck strap for the head unit and also it includes the adjustable gain feature for highly mineralized soils and comes with a head set as well. The other good part about it is it appears to be in excellent condition for its age. I'll receive it around February 6th but these are the pics from eBay. I'd like to thank you guys again for your help sincerely because in the end I think I found a great unit at a amazing price and didn't have to break the bank which is huge for me right now because I'm not loaded at the moment, it was a economical decision. 

Thanks guys you know who you are!!!!

s-l400 (16).jpg

s-l400 (17).jpg

s-l400 (15).jpg

s-l400 (14).jpg

s-l400 (13).jpg

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 4

Okay my friends this is the unboxing of my new/old Goldmaster V/sat!!! I'm so happy with this purchase, it is the third detector I have owned and the first that can find gold nuggets but most importantly CHONDRITES my first true love!!! LMAO!! I'm telling you I think I got a helluvadeal. This is pic heavy!! Warning the last few pics do not contain nuggets but almost caught me a beaten!!

IMAG1976.jpg

IMAG1977.jpg

IMAG1979.jpg

IMAG1980.jpg

IMAG1999.jpg

IMAG1981.jpg

IMAG1982.jpg

IMAG1983.jpg

IMAG1999.jpg

IMAG1984.jpg

IMAG1985.jpg

IMAG1986.jpg

IMAG1988.jpg

IMAG1989.jpg

IMAG1990.jpg

IMAG1991.jpg

IMAG1993.jpg

IMAG1992.jpg

IMAG1994.jpg

IMAG1995.jpg

IMAG1996.jpg

IMAG1997.jpg

IMAG1998.jpg

IMAG1999.jpg

IMAG2000.jpg

IMAG2001.jpg

IMAG2002.jpg

IMAG2003.jpg

IMAG2004.jpg

IMAG2005.jpg

IMAG2006.jpg

IMAG2007.jpg

IMAG2010.jpg

IMAG2011.jpg

IMAG2012.jpg

IMAG2013.jpg

IMAG1999.jpg

IMAG2014.jpg

IMAG2015.jpg

IMAG2016.jpg

IMAG2017.jpg

• Like 1

Well Rocky you almost made it through a 6 pack :oregonian_winesmiley: while unpacking your new toy, you need to try harder next time!!! :2drink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Au Seeker said:

Well Rocky you almost made it through a 6 pack :oregonian_winesmiley: while unpacking your new toy, you need to try harder next time!!! :2drink:

There is 6 jkjk!!!! Today is a good day!!! Can you believe the camel case It came in, I love it!! To top it off the thing looks almost new!! 

15180526395882951426481571474945.jpg

Time to hit those strewn field that require detectors, opens up a whole new world of fun.  I still remember the first thing I found with mine, an old lead slug waaaaaaaaay out in the middle of nowhere.  Here's my trip report from that one, back in 2012: http://mikestang.com/bristolmnts412.htm

Edited by Mikestang
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikestang said:

Time to hit those strewn field that require detectors, opens up a whole new world of fun.  I still remember the first thing I found with mine, an old lead slug waaaaaaaaay out in the middle of nowhere.  Here's my trip report from that one, back in 2012: http://mikestang.com/bristolmnts412.htm

Mike your absolutely right I can't wait. I'm also going to torture myself and go on cold hunts in the woods to see if I can come up with anything. I know it's not generally recommend but why not until I can make it to a nice strewn. Nice trip report that desert life is awesome, I wish I could live out there. That looked like it could of been a iron to bad but we'll worth it, lead is probably somewhere in the gold tone I'm assuming with the GB2 right??. Hey how do you navigate when you head way out? , GPS,compass,or landmarks??

Edited by Rocky

Good deal!

White's are great detectors and their customer service is awesome too.

To many happy finds :2drink:

5 hours ago, Rocky said:

Hey how do you navigate when you head way out? , GPS,compass,or landmarks??

I find ways in with google earth and then put the coords of different turns and stuff in my gps (Garmin 276c in the vehicle) which is loaded with topo maps of cal/ariz/nev.  In the field I carry a handheld garmin, also with topo.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikestang said:

I find ways in with google earth and then put the coords of different turns and stuff in my gps (Garmin 276c in the vehicle) which is loaded with topo maps of cal/ariz/nev.  In the field I carry a handheld garmin, also with topo.

That's awesome!! I think Garmin's a good company. A hand held is on my list but I'm also trying to utilize google maps system. They have walking GPS and the last time I went out I pinned my start and would've pinned more as time went but the walk and search distracted me from figuring out the Google GPS so I went on mostly by landmarks. I'll be more prepared the next hunt but I want a handheld Garmin for sure..