Nugget Shooter Forums
homefire

Project Ping Ping .

Like I need another Project ?

Project Ping Ping is Progressing.     

Gathering my Parts Slowly but Sure.   Engine in hand.  Carb in hand.  Expansion Pipe in hand.   Bike waiting for the Tax Man to Repay his loan. 
   Yep and it's going to go PING PING Ping POp Ping DING DING PING too.
Why I may have to turn my hat backwards at 25 -35 MPH to keep it on me head.  I think a pair of gloves with the fingers cut off are in order too ? Dark Shades maybe ?

Replacing a few stock bits and bobs to make it capable of carrying my over fit carcass will help. 

When It's done it should look something like this guys.

Give thanks for your enemies, for they have taught you things your friends never could !

0109181959.jpg

DellortoCarbClone.PNG

Tuned Pipe.PNG

BeastBike.PNG

• Like 4

Looks like a whole lot of fun. Looking forward to adventures-John

If I put a large enough sprocket on the back I should be able to put around in the washes a bit without playing Crash Dummy.  Other then that I'll use it on the three mile runs  to  town  for errands .  Chances are my kid will rob it most of the time.  You have to Port Match these things to get even the Rated powers out of them . The Chines aren't so big on Quality Control it would seem. You can buy these engines one peace at a time if you ever need to replace anything. If you pop a piston a new set with rings is like $12.oo. The whole jug can be had for about $20.00. Think I'll add a Pull Starter for $13.00 while I'm at it.

Don't know if you can run them on the Roads there in Cali.  Probably Not.  Here you can with no insurance or Registration as long as it can't do over 30MPH. If the Engine is less then 50cc.  This one is 66cc.  Emmmm   Going to chance that bit.   LOL  YEA RIGHT !  

Pull Starter.PNG

Edited by homefire

Homie I'm sure the Chinese sell 49CC stickers to put on that engine!! :brows:

I know a guy that put I think it was a 5HP sticker on a 6HP, or it may have been  4HP on a 5HP engine for his dredge, to meet the state's requirement on a dredge engine, up in either Vermont or Maine and no one was the wiser.

• Haha 2

Neighbor had something like that when I lived overseas to get to work.  He had about a three mile drive.  Was a great idea for the area.  Beats getting a car.

Yea, going to get most up set if I end up needing to register the stupid thing over like 16cc differences.  LOL    That would mean needing insurance  and a Motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license as well....  Chit  That would be like taking all the fun out thinking I was getting away with something for a change, eaa?      There are Zero Markings on the Engine jug like normally.   Emmmmmm 

PING PING DING PING !

On Deeper Investigation it would seem I've been dealing with Out Dated Information.    This is more MUCH MORE to my liking.  LOL

Revised November 30, 2017

Motorized Bicycles are not considered to be mopeds or motorcycles.

By current MVD practice, motorized bicycles are considered to be bicycles (not mopeds or motorcycles) and are not subject to the titling and registration requirements of the Motor Vehicle Code.

This even implies You do not need a Drivers License as required for a MoPed. 

Bicycle defined (§66-1-4.2(A))

A bicycle is a device propelled by human power upon which any person may ride, having two tandem wheels, except scooters and similar devices.

Traffic laws apply to bicycles (§66-3-702)

Every person riding a bicycle upon a roadway shall be granted all of the rights and shall be subject to all of the duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle, except as noted below.

Ridng bicycles on roads or bicycle paths (§66-3-705)

Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable, exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.
    Persons riding bicycles upon a roadway shall not ride more than two abreast except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles.
    Notwithstanding any provision of this section, no bicycle shall be operated on any roadway in a manner that would create a public safety hazard.

??Lamps and other equipment (§66-3-707)

Every bicycle when in use at nighttime shall be equipped with a lamp on the front which shall emit a white light visible from a distance of at least five hundred feet to the front and with a red reflector on the rear of a type approved by the division which shall be visible from all distances from fifty feet to three hundred feet to the rear when directly in front of lawful upper beams of head lamps on a motor vehicle. A lamp emitting a red light visible from a distance of five hundred feet to the rear may be used in addition to the red reflector.
    No person shall operate a bicycle unless it is equipped with a bell or other device capable of giving a signal audible for a distance of at least one hundred feet, except that a bicycle shall not be equipped with, nor shall any person use upon a bicycle any siren or whistle.
    Every bicycle shall be equipped with a brake which will enable the operator to make the brake wheels skid on dry, level, clean pavement.

The Motor Vehicle Division is neither required nor authorized to title or register bicycles.
Section E.  Motorized Bicycles

Revised November 30, 2017

Motorized Bicycles are not considered to be mopeds or motorcycles.

By current MVD practice, motorized bicycles are considered to be bicycles (not mopeds or motorcycles) and are not subject to the titling and registration requirements of the Motor Vehicle Code.

• Like 2

That looks like a fun way to run to town and get some fresh air in the process :)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

That looks like a fun way to run to town and get some fresh air in the process :)

And if I'm lucky not get mooshed on HW 180 doing it. 

• Haha 1

How to tell a happy bike rider....count the bugs in his teeth..................:ROFL:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, homefire said:

And if I'm lucky not get mooshed on HW 180 doing it. 

I feel kinda like that when driving the buggy to town. I had to look up to see in the window of a passing Prius the other day :laught16:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, azdigger said:

How to tell a happy bike rider....count the bugs in his teeth..................:ROFL:

LOL, Yep.  Lived that life my first few years of driving on the road. 

Pulled the Head and Jug off yesterday to see what I was sure I would see.  LACK OF QUALITY !  Got out the Mr Dremel and went to work.  Rooted out any and all Burs and Casting Flashing I could find.  Cleaned up and rounded up both the Exhaust and Intake Ports. Taper and widened both a few mm.   Don't know how they got it together as good as they did .  One of the Jug Studs was bent.  Ordered New set (STAINLESS)  .  They don't use Jug Liners in these things just Plated Nickel or Chrome Bores.  NOT MUCH of the that.  Good thing about these is you can buy new piston/Rings and Jug for like  $25.00.  I must have got lucky with this one.  The Crank shaft is Two Peace not three and has SOME indications of being Balanced.  Unlike other I've seen.  Japanese Bearing not Chines. Wrist Pin Bearings are caged even if somewhat sloppy in the saddle.  LOL

Back when I drove a bike all the time it always amazed me how people could look right at you and then just pull over into your lane.

• Like 1

$25 bucks? Jeez thats cheap! Even if you have to do the top end every year...it won't break the bank. It'll run better with the porting you did too :thumbsupanim

1 hour ago, homefire said:

Back when I drove a bike all the time it always amazed me how people could look right at you and then just pull over into your lane.

I see that way too often. :Just_Cuz_15:

• Like 1

I always ride with the thought.....everyone is out to run me over....worked for me.

• Like 2

I think I made it as long as I did going with the thought  "" I'm INVISIBLE "".. 

15 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

$25 bucks? Jeez thats cheap! Even if you have to do the top end every year...it won't break the bank. It'll run better with the porting you did too :thumbsupanim

You can get them cheaper if looking around.    https://www.ebay.com/itm/40mm-Cylinder-Piston-Kit-For-49cc-50cc-80cc-Motorized-Bicycle-Bike/151711617820?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D48419%26meid%3Df9403cdd68454bd59746b02136f588f4%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D263427157800%26itm%3D151711617820&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

What size is the jug you have? It looks like 80cc would be a cheap up grade if ya needed a bit more oomph :)

15 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

What size is the jug you have? It looks like 80cc would be a cheap up grade if ya needed a bit more oomph :)

Dave it's a 66/80cc engine.   As per American standards it's a 66cc.  Bore and Stroke.  The Chines use the head displacement bring it up to 80cc.   Marketing Ploy.  Even that's wrong because the head on this one is only 6cc volume.   I'm looking for a lined jug but there quite pricey.  A few can be had from the Racing people but they want a bomb for the dang things. 

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

Yeah that sounds a bit goofy. If the only thing you increase is the chamber volume, about all you would be accomplishing is lowering the compression ratio. Stick with the smaller volume head for better power.

You can get after market heads  5cc to 7cc.  I'm looking for one in the 5 - 6 range but more fin area to keep it cooler. This one is somewhat lacking in the Fin department.    Other tricks like adding a second Base Gasket to play with port timing.  I want more bottom end .  Don't much need a screaming demon race thing.  Rather have more Emmmf and Dependability.  If they didn't weigh so much I would have gone with 4 stroke.

https://www.amazon.com/Racing-Square-80cc-gas-motorized-bicycle/dp/B077YBFHFZ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1517641637&sr=8-10&keywords=bicycle+engine+head

Edited by homefire

Look into some of that aluminum brazing rod, and extend the existing fins. The stuff works well once you get the hang of working with it.

No Torch.  Would Map do it ?

Yep...for a small piece like that. You can help it along by preheating in the bbq. I got my heads up to 450° that way.

Aluminum cools fast, so just leave the grill on and toss the head back in to reheat now and again.