Nugget Shooter Forums
Patrick in Havasu

The Last Pistol I Will Ever Buy

I recently found an FN 57 and went way over budget,  but I have no regrets at all.  This pistol is amazing.  I'm not really much of a gun guy,  so I won't be able to tell you much about it.  It's light, fast, and the damned thing hits what I want it to!!  Visit YOUTUBE and you will find plenty of information and videos. 

• Like 8

Nice, I just got a .44 mag with 9 1/2 " barrel , shots sweet. Also got a Rock Island 1911CS.,,,What can I say , we had a gun show .    :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, azdigger said:

Nice, I just got a .44 mag with 9 1/2 " barrel , shots sweet. Also got a Rock Island 1911CS.,,,What can I say , we had a gun show .    :thumbsupanim

Hope that 44 came with earplugs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got  good set.

My Ruger .44 Magnum Vaquero. I bought it from Adam, a few years ago. It is the perfect companion for my M79. :thumbsupanim

HistoryChanShoot31012 273.jpg

m79.jpg

• Haha 1

Very cool :cowboypistol:I prefer larger calibers but all that matters is accuracy :yesss:

• Like 4

had another gun show in the area...got a .357 in SAA 5 1/2" barrel

• Hmmmmmm 1

Can't go wrong with a .357 ... best round isRemington 125 grain hollow point. Had a Python back in the 70's and found that round to be superior to all others.

• Like 2

.357 carries all the Authority one would need in most all situations. EVER. Hell you can take down a deer with it if need be.

• Like 1

Just bought two cans of pepper spray. Got a big cat and pregnant bear on the claim. Figured both the wife and I would be more willing to spray than to shoot. Two legged vermin I can handle with my pick.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 11:20 AM, Mike Furness said:

Can't go wrong with a .357 ... best round isRemington 125 grain hollow point. Had a Python back in the 70's and found that round to be superior to all others.

Here's my King Cobra, loaded with two Snakeshots, and then a little something for bigger varmits. :4chsmu1:

vfr 184.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/27/2018 at 10:45 AM, GeoJack said:

Just bought two cans of pepper spray. Got a big cat and pregnant bear on the claim. Figured both the wife and I would be more willing to spray than to shoot. Two legged vermin I can handle with my pick.

You sure about that ?

bearsign.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, Mike Furness said:

Another thing that's great about the .357, is that you can shoot .38 special through it when you're shooting paper and save the good stuff for the critters and fools.

It's also fun to drop in a magnum round from time to time when you've been shooting the .38s for awhile.

It can be comically surprising to someone who is unsuspecting.  :4chsmu1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Always  loved the 357 as an all around gun.  Now have a smith four inch 357.  Looking at the new cobra 38+P as soon as they become available.  Plan to use it as my concealed weapon in  lieu of my Walther PPK 380.  A little more fire power.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We use to do a pile of reloading.   We would load up a pile of brass with primers only.   Push the case into a 1/2 inch thick block of wax and use them for target practice in the house .  Oh,  works fine on vermin like mice and rats too. 

Edited by homefire
  • Haha 1

I got a Taurus 604 poly .357 and Taurus 709 9MM also as a carry. If I want I also have a Rock Island 1911CS that I carry at times.

13 hours ago, LukeJ said:

It's also fun to drop in a magnum round from time to time when you've been shooting the .38s for awhile

That has always brought a smile to my face when seeing the shooter's expression after dropping the hammer on a 357 hot load. It will sure get their attention.  :yesss:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

SD Jim and LukeJ ... You have my same sense of humor! :old:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2018 at 9:45 AM, GeoJack said:

For the fury one's that live there.. Just cause you shoot.. doesn't mean you have to shoot at them... just scare them away.  Two legged vermin seldom come alone and personally I would perfer not to let them get with-in pick range if I could persuade 'them' sooner.... especially if my wife is with me.  If push ever comes to shove.... don't think I'd be using a scaring tactic either.

If you stick with seasoning spray ... have an extra at camp in case you use one or one is defective.

jus-my $.02 -- stay safe. . .

• Like 3

I have a couple different semi-auto handguns, but by far my favorite is my Smith & Wesson 686 Plus, 3", .357, the wife got me for my birthday last year.  Like others here, I shoot .38's at the cardboard, but the defensive load is the Remington 125 grain, jacketed hollow point.  Great gun, very accurate and will defend us from anything having bad intentions and a heartbeat here in AZ.  IMHO, the .357 revolver is like the Colt 1911 or the Boeing B-52 - they have been around for a very long time, having that nostalgic appeal to them, yet still very capable of doing what's asked of them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, campbell954 said:

B-52

Ah...great memories. I worked on C and D models a ways back. Love my 357 and 1911 45.  It's all good.   :yesss:

• Like 2

I have a pre model 27(no model number) S & W in the 357 mag. Fun to shoot.

• Like 1