Nugget Shooter Forums
AzNuggetBob

How to look for and find Gold

Awesome pics, all!!  That is where the true gold is at ... with the family.  I wish I could get my daughter interested, but she would just look at it as punishment. 

So Bill, ummm, toes in a jar???  Someday you'll have to tell that story ... LOL.

• Like 2

I have a couple pics I can share from just last year in a place I call 'Little Gulch'.  When I take my daughter out, she usually plays nearby and when I find something to dig I call her over and put the headphones on her and she helps me find the target.  The day of the pictures we found two nuggets so it was a great day in addition to being out there with her.

Luke

20161123_102132.jpg

20161123_104547.jpg

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I have a couple pics I can share from just last year in a place I call 'Little Gulch'.  When I take my daughter out, she usually plays nearby and when I find something to dig I call her over and put the headphones on her and she helps me find the target.  The day of the pictures we found two nuggets so it was a great day in addition to being out there with her.

Luke

20161123_102132.jpg

20161123_104547.jpg

Awesome photo Luke. Nothing like having the little ones out there. I love it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

She's a real cutie Luke...a real natural nugget hunter. You'll be having to get her a detector before long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Luke, the smile says it all. I remember when my daughter was that young many yrs ago, we were joined at the hip, where I went, she went. Like andyy said above, true gold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great photo's. looks like everyone is having a blast out in the hills together.
One time I was out with my brother and his son (john)and we were hunting this creek . My brother and I where swinging detectors. little John was just wandering around looking at rocks. He kept coming over to us showing what he had found and asking is this a nugget? is this a nugget? finally he comes over and says is this a nugget and I said YES where did you find that? it was about a grammer. he said right there on that bedrock. he had found his first sunbaker.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

On 1/27/2018 at 4:30 PM, Bill Southern said:

Thanks Bob, the picture reminds me of the good old days at RH and in the Constellation road patches and old friends.... Just the time before we got totally digital. Remember old George that carried his toes in a jar ? :tisk-tisk: drove a backhoe around. 

Bill your correct it is RH gold but I don't remember the guy with the toes? I knew a lot of people in those area's a few years ago. do you remember one armed Jack?

AzNuggetBob

42 minutes ago, AzNuggetBob said:

one armed Jack?

Oh yeah...preacher Jack, a most unusual character for sure.  :cowboypistol:

Your correct Jim it was AKA Preacher Jack.

AzNuggetBob