Nugget Shooter Forums
Rebel73153

X-Terra 705 Gold vs Nokta Fors gold

Is one of these any better than the other for nugget hunting or are they about the same?  How do they stack up to the GMT? Any input appreciated as always. Thanks

Edited by Rebel73153

I have a GM V-sat already. I am looking for another detector to go along with it and want whichever works better for most people. Thanks for the reply.

Have you considered the Gold Monster 1000? , Better choice by a long shot in my opinion unless you are getting used at a killer price.

• Like 1

I have locally an X-terra for $300 or maybe less or a Fors Gold for $400 or less?

Edited by Rebel73153

2 hours ago, Rebel73153 said:

Is one of these any better than the other for nugget hunting or are they about the same?  How do they stack up to the GMT? Any input appreciated as always. Thanks

Owned a GMT for years, great gold machine, especially versatile with several size coils :black_knight_standing:Never swung a Nokta. Tried a 705 for a few hours, it did not impress :idunno:

Never been around the Nokta but i watched the 705 pull gold from the ground. Sorry, not much help.

Yeah 705 is a good coin and relic detector, but for gold I agree with Rod....

• Like 2

If i could find a good deal on the Gold Monster i would go with it, but i haven't seen one yet.

It will be a while before they are for sale used, just because it is a good detector for recovering gold, person what owns it still has to find the gold spot first :old: Then having good equipment is the best way to go. Never seen a detector yet that I could let go and would fetch me up some nuggets :Just_Cuz_06: So there will be used ones around in a spell. Get good with what ya ya got and wait.... If you were or are military the GM 1000 is 679.15 at Nugget Shooter with lessons and a lucky hat :ya:

• Like 3

Thanks Bill. It appears the consensus is that i Should keep, and Learn my V-sat for now.

• Like 6

I have hunted a lot with my 705 and it has NEVER found anything.  I know it has been over gold.  An example drywashing in a wash with dirt on inch or two deep, I pulled a .3 gram nugget from the drywasher I had been over plenty of times with the exterra.  Makes me think how much other gold that thing was over without detecting it.  Also, for the local soil, it becomes very sensitive to hot rocks, to the point that I can't detect a lot of places.

I did see it pull gold out of the ground on the Gold Fever show.  The co-host detected with that and she pulled gold out.

I can't speak to the other detector, but if I had a good deal on an Exterra, I would not buy it and wait until I could get a Gold Monster.

Ok guys, what about the Macro Gold Racer at 56 khz. A contender to the GM series?