Nugget Shooter Forums

Does anybody else here like rolling the dice very very occasionally on eBay listings?  Sometimes I spend hours going through 1000's of listings mostly just scroll bys to see if anything odd catches my attention and usually nothing ever does. Let me just say there are some erroneous listing that are definitely not meteorites listed as meteorites,(DISCLOSURE)- (there are way more honest to goodness authentic and authenticated meteorite listings on eBay and it is the best resource for acquiring meteorites without actually having to leave the house!!!!).

Today I found this listing that wasn't assembled well.... algerian meteorite (found in california) LOL. It caught my attention because the exterior of the rock looks like it could have black crust and a area which appears to be chipped revealing a lighter interior. The photos where not very clear and there really was not much information provided except it's a "algerian meteorite found in california" LOL  and some photos.  I can't believe I'm telling you guys this! Anyways it looks close to a kilo in the persons hand in one of the photos and for the meager price of $8 total I rolled the dice!!!!. It can easily be nothing but I feel the price warranted the risk. 

The last photo I tried to clear up in Photoshop.

s-l400 (10).jpg

s-l400 (6).jpg

2018-01-06-23-18-58.jpg

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

Hmm, let us know the results.

• Like 1

The surface chip is probably from where it bounced when it hit Algeria Rocky. Considering the trajectory from Algeria to California in must have come in fast and real low.

Got any interest in a genuine Bermuda meteorite that I found in the desert south of Tucson? I've collected quite a few of those and SWMBO says I either have to build a wall with them or sell them. I put a lot of time and money into finding these little buggers but I'll give you a smokin' deal. I've even got a few I found on eBay signed by Nininger himself.  :thumbsupanim

Edited by clay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have you ever tried contacting sellers on EBay?  I did just once and got a decent answer Car Parts.  I contact sellers more frequently on Craigslist.  If a seller does not respond to me, I don't go further.  Saw a four year old 4WD 650 quad listed for $1500 yesterday, seemed to be exactly what I was looking for, too good to be true.  The seller mentioned nothing of a title (Red Flag) and then didn't respond to my E-Mail (Second Red Flag).  I'm not waiting for three strikes on that one.  Third Red flag probably was too good to be true.  That is the first time out of dozens I suspect something was not right.

1 hour ago, chrisski said:

Have you ever tried contacting sellers on EBay? 

Yes I've been in contact with many of the sellers I've purchased items from in regards to the item before the sale. It's a very safe bet especially in instances where a seller does not have much positive feedback as well as in regards to items that seem too good to be true, so I agree with that. In this instance I chose not to contact the seller. The listing had no activity so I didn't want to draw any attention to it and the only bid that it received was my own at the very last second so I wanted to avoid the seller withdrawing the auction which is possible if the item has no bids. $8 for an item including shipping that is potentially a kilogram meteorite I had to roll the dice on this one!!

9 hours ago, Desertpilot said:

Hmm, let us know the results.

As soon as I get it in about 10 days probably much less I still haven't received shipping information, I'll take some good pictures and share them with you guys for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clay said:

SWMBO

LOL I don't know what this is but I need to know. That's awesome you have meteorites with COA signed by Nininger himself must be a canyon Diablo?

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

LOL I don't know what this is but I need to know. That's awesome you have meteorites with COA signed by Nininger himself must be a canyon Diablo?

She Who Must Be Obeyed

No COA just a pencil signature - Not Canyon Diablo - Bermuda meteorites from eBay. You can get anything on eBay. I have meteorites signed by Thomas Jefferson too but those are signed with sharpie - very rare.

All my Canyon Diablo I collected myself.

Edited by clay
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, clay said:

She Who Must Be Obeyed

Priceless I sure have one of those to contend with!!