Nugget Shooter Forums
azdigger

GOLD MONSTER FOR SALE

Well , after many tries and repeated fails , I have decided that nugget shooting is not for me.  I can find gold with my Wheel , drywasher  , recirculating sluice and even my mountain goat but not a detector. All that said

Gold Monster , 2 coils , headphones and all the goodies that came with it even adding a set of wireless headphones .

ASKING 675.00

It is located in Golden Valley AZ.

Wow!  Sorry to hear that Rick. I was hoping that it would work out for you once you hooked up with some seasoned nugget shooters in your area. The best of of luck to ya. 

• Thanks 1

Forgot to add , there is an Anderson stand (blue) on the shaft to help it not fall over.

If you live in gold country(I don't know Arizona) I wouldn't give up. I went a year(probably longer) and only found one small picker. In good gold areas too. Finally, I found a good piece(6 grainer) and things fell together. I probably found a pound in the next year. Is there someone that you know that would loan you a few pickers? Having someone bury ahead of you and you finding them goes a long way to knowing what to listen for. Hate to see you give up...

• Like 1

In 5 years of detecting I have yet to find a nugget....Time to find something else.

I live about 60 miles from Gold Basin.....

Rick, why don't you just wait until you can find an experienced nugget hunter in your neck of the woods to go out with you. He or she can watch how and where you detect. It might be just a little time before you score that first nugget. I know it took me over a year until I scored mine. When I did I couldn't hardly believe it. My second detected nugget came the next weekend. That Gold Monster is cheap to keep. Just my two centavos...:m2c:

• Like 1

I have a feeling that most people will try and talk you out of giving up on detecting. I won't because sometimes it's good to just say "I'm done" with something and move on. You can always pick up a detector later and the break might be good for your perspective on detecting if you do. Five years without a nugget is a long time, congrats on your perseverance. 

• Like 1

I am just giving up the Monster , still got a gold bug , eureka gold and an MXT plus an MX Sport as far as detectors go. I just can't get out and walk and wander as much as I need.

I am happy with going out and sitting next to a know gold bearing place and running my gold wheel or my Mountain goat.

This will give someone a good shot at a Monster...I bought it from Bill.

Hey Rick, I have yet to find a nugget with my Monster yet but I did a bit more research on the settings and I found it runs a lot better for me using the Auto or Auto+ setting. I realized that I had been using far to high sensitivity settings in manual mode for the ground I'd been searching, which caused a lot of false signals and was driving me nuts. Either way, I'd find a LOT of lead, but that's actually a good sign. If it can find lead, it can find gold!

The critical part to finding nuggets is looking in the right places and getting your coil over them. Having an experienced nugget hunter go out with you to more remote areas is what really made a huge difference for me in finding my first detector nugget with my Gold Bug Pro. I've only been out once with the Monster since I changed the sensitivity settings. I went to an area that I was told about and had an experienced nugget hunter go with me to check it out for the first time. We both found some shell casings and a LOT of lead but no gold after several hours of detecting. My friend and I agreed that the area geology showed all the right signs and there are plenty of placer gold mining claims just down the hill. I'm not going to give up on that area yet (or my Monster) just because I failed to get my coil over a nugget.

That having been said... if you can find gold nuggets (not just tiny flakes and fines) with your drywasher and panning wheel, you should be able to find nuggets with a detector. It takes patience and determination, as well as time out in the field, looking in the right places. It takes a lot less time to detect an area for reasonably shallow nuggets than it does to shovel buckets of the same sand & gravel through a drywasher. You might want to consider keeping your detector and using it to detect over areas where you've been drywashing. Even if you vacuum the bedrock you've exposed, sometimes small nuggets get wedged into cracks too tightly for a vacuum to pull out. You won't know they are there unless you detect the area. Detectors are a great tool for the modern gold prospector and I think the Monster is a keeper even if you can't commit to detecting as your only method of finding gold. And that's :m2c::old:

Lisa

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Oregal1976 said:

Hey Rick, I have yet to find a nugget with my Monster yet but I did a bit more research on the settings and I found it runs a lot better for me using the Auto or Auto+ setting. I realized that I had been using far to high sensitivity settings in manual mode for the ground I'd been searching, which caused a lot of false signals and was driving me nuts. Either way, I'd find a LOT of lead, but that's actually a good sign. If it can find lead, it can find gold!

Didnt you receive any PRO-fessional training at the outing :old:-use what works for you and go outside the box -looks like you already on your way :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

Edited by Mike C...
reworded
  • Like 1

I thanks everyone for the kind words, but my brother was going to be my hunting partner , so after hls passing on the 3rd I almost have no interest anymore.

I don't want to go out alone and I just think I will sell the Monster, use what I got and let it go.

Thanks All

Edited by azdigger

Finally, I found a good piece(6 grainer) Should have been gram, not grainer.

All that said

Gold Monster , 2 coils , headphones and all the goodies that came with it even adding a set of wireless headphones .

ASKING 675.00

Still for sale... just in time for the Q

23 minutes ago, azdigger said:

Still for sale

Rick, ya might try ebay or cragslist for a little more exposure. :4chsmu1:

got it on craiglist , will NOT EVER sell on ebay again

SALE PENDING

• Like 1

1. SOLD
  • Like 1