Nugget Shooter Forums
Molegar76

Bedrockbob contact? Glorieta

Anyone have a good email address for Bedrock Bob? Been years since I've been in contact.  

Also, is Glorieta still a hot spot? I've noticed there are no more vids on YouTube of Glorieta hunts.  There used to be quite a few years ago.  Not many recent posts on here either like there used to be.  It's been years since I've been on here.  Thx

Even though Bob is not able to log-in on the forum he still has a profile here and I see he has visited the forum just before Christmas on the 17th.

I will send you a PM with his last known email address.

Molegar, where are you from? I hunted Glorieta years ago, neighbors started to become not so friendly... A lot of private property. One of the funnest places I have hunted though... I used to have a friend over there we would meet up with. I would like to talk more if you have time, Bill

We are friends of the landowners on Glorieta and will probably hunt there this summer by invitation. Unfortunately too many meteorite hunters have hunted the private lands there without permission in the past. Disrespect of property rights is frowned upon.

There is now a lot of suspicion of anyone traveling or hunting there without a local. A lot has changed in that area over the last 15 years or so and the Grantees aren't as tolerant of uninvited visitors as they once were. The Sheriff needs those local's votes so he can stay in office and the Judge is elected by those same people. They understand the feelings of the people who own the land there and take trespassing complaints by them seriously.

The alternative to that system would be much more unpleasant so sneaking around those property owners would be a poor choice - better to face the Sheriff than Los Hermanos. If you want to hunt Gloreita these days it's best if you have a personal invitation. The people there are generally friendly and if you speak high Spanish and show respect for the Penitente culture you probably won't have too much problem getting an invite.

• Like 3

Would you try walking up driveways and knocking on doors? I went up there looking to get permission on property but all of the driveways i encountered were gated. I spoke to a deputy too but he didn't have any pointers. I know where the strewn field is at I just don't want to trespass. I live in Albuquerque so I'm pretty close to it. 

On 1/12/2018 at 5:18 PM, bryanbarnes said:

Would you try walking up driveways and knocking on doors? I went up there looking to get permission on property but all of the driveways i encountered were gated. I spoke to a deputy too but he didn't have any pointers. I know where the strewn field is at I just don't want to trespass. I live in Albuquerque so I'm pretty close to it. 

If I really wanted to get permission, I would simply take the addresses down and write each of the property owners a letter. That's about all I can think of.