Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

16 to 1 wash

On 12/29/2017 at 12:02 PM, adam said:

Why would you prospect in such a dull blond looking wash?  The Experts would not bother..... Theres no way you found gold there

Adam

When I see stacked rocks I hunt it blond or not. may just be shallow and sun bleached.

Tom

Cool looking nuggets. Nice finds. Is that copper sulfide looking rock hard or soft?.
AzNuggetBob

10 hours ago, boulder dash said:

Very impressive hamdstacks you found there. I don't think I did those.

"What's a "hamdstack"????  :4chsmu1:  I've seen a number of handstacks over the years, but that's new to me,........."Just-messing with ya" :brows:,...Not to get off of the subject (this thread), but, do you know a guy named Mike Schizzel ???  I have taken him out with his new 2300 a couple of times and he mentioned your name to me.  Gary

21 hours ago, TomH said:

Yes. there are some pretty cool stingers of rotten quartz/mix in this area. Found some up on the hill side and sampled it....nutten. but, that was just surface stuff so there could be more deeper. Im just not too into hardrock mining.

To my limited knowledge, yes, it does look like a mix of granite and quartz.

Would rather scoot around with the metal detector. :)

Tom H.

"Yea Tom", that type of rock does look familiar to me, as I have run across a tributary of the Lynx up here that has that same type and color granite/ quartz mix in it.  I have also found quite a few nuggets in it as well.  It appears to me to be a great host rock to contain nuggets.  Funny how "bands" of similar bedrock formations pop up in different locations miles away from each other.   Gary  

.........."AND", for those of you who have the desire  :brows: to "twist and distort" my comment around,.   ."NO", I am not saying that Tom's (desert) photos are of Lynx Creek up here in Northern Arizona, with or without pine trees and mountains.   Once-again, I am Associating, or relating (commonalities) the bedrock in his photo's with similar ones that I have observed up here on or around Lynx Creek.  :2mo5pow:   Gary   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDM/PV said:

relating (commonalities) the bedrock in his photo's with similar ones that I have observed up here on or around Lynx Creek.

I must not get it, clearly im confused.....What does the "looks" of bedrock have anything to do with whether gold is present or not? 

I also posted a picture on another thread of wash gravels , and asked all you experts if it looked good , or if I should pass it up...but no one want to respond I guess :idunno:

Edited by adam

3 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Adam

When I see stacked rocks I hunt it blond or not. may just be shallow and sun bleached.

Tom

Cool looking nuggets. Nice finds. Is that copper sulfide looking rock hard or soft?.
AzNuggetBob

As a matter fact Adam even if she where brunette with nice stacked rocks I'd probably still hunt her. :4chsmu1:
Adam theirs a lot to be learned about the signs of where gold may be and its never a 100%, it just raises the possibility of finding some.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

Adam

Tom

AzNuggetBob

Bob: Its pretty soft.

Tom H.

On 12/29/2017 at 6:50 PM, Morlock said:

I'm thinking it's a poor quality malachite.

Can you do a streak test on it? That would narrow it down for sure.

17 hours ago, adam said:

I must not get it, clearly im confused.....What does the "looks" of bedrock have anything to do with whether gold is present or not? 

I also posted a picture on another thread of wash gravels , and asked all you experts if it looked good , or if I should pass it up...but no one want to respond I guess :idunno:

Adam, I think that if you go back to the thread: "Gold is NOT where you find it," you will find that both Doc, and AzNuggetBob responded to your question regarding that picture of white cobble in that wash.  :zzzzz: Whether you accept those responses as valid or not is up to you.

Also,  Your question above is a strange one, considering some of the last few nuggets that you posted pictures of and stated that the bedrock (area) was full of dark-red iron-rich stain.  Are your trying to tell me that you delete those bedrock-characteristics out of you mind once you have left that area, and don't look for the same signs in another wash or area????? OR, are you just trying to Difficult???... .....I, for one (I can't speak for other's methodology) take a mental-note of each and every location where I find a nugget.  I don't walk around "willy-nilly" in lala-land not paying attention to the geologic surroundings that may (and do in many areas) pop up in a different location, even many miles away from each other. When it comes to bedrock-types, the geologic processes that contributed to the presence of gold up here on Lynx Creek, are no different than those that formed down around LSD (for example), if "that same" bedrock-type exits down there as well.  "Ergo", if gold can be found in one location with a certain type of bedrock (host rock), then there is a very high probability that gold can be also-found in another location (even many miles away) having the same bedrock type.  Bedrock runs in "bands" most of which you can't see because they lie so deep underground.  It's only when they surface ( as exposed bedrock) thru tectonic forces that you can observe and compare-them-to what might be the same bedrock-type that has surfaced many miles away.  I'm sure that "my view" of these processes is not held by others, but it is my view, and I have had good success finding nugget locations using it.  Gary    

Gary, have you ever come to an outing and met Adam?  Got to get to know the guy to be able to figure out just what goes through his mind.  He's found more gold than you, me, and six others on here.  :m2c:

Old Tom

• Like 3

20 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

"Yea Tom", that type of rock does look familiar to me, as I have run across a tributary of the Lynx up here that has that same type and color granite/ quartz mix in it.  I have also found quite a few nuggets in it as well.  It appears to me to be a great host rock to contain nuggets.  Funny how "bands" of similar bedrock formations pop up in different locations miles away from each other.   Gary  

.........."AND", for those of you who have the desire  :brows: to "twist and distort" my comment around,.   ."NO", I am not saying that Tom's (desert) photos are of Lynx Creek up here in Northern Arizona, with or without pine trees and mountains.   Once-again, I am Associating, or relating (commonalities) the bedrock in his photo's with similar ones that I have observed up here on or around Lynx Creek.  :2mo5pow:   Gary   

But...it was Lynx Creek!  :wee:

Oh, this is gonna get it spun up!!!!! Something to watch on my new years eve  :25r30wi:

Tom

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Old Tom said:

Gary, have you ever come to an outing and met Adam?  Got to get to know the guy to be able to figure out just what goes through his mind.  He's found more gold than you, me, and six others on here.  :m2c:

Old Tom

OH, So he is being Difficult, and Cantankerous ! ! !  Gary

11 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

Puzzling!  

Old Tom   :tisk-tisk:

52 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

I believe you have hit the nail on the head!!

Beautiful, Tom. 

x2 on thinking that is malachite. 

On 12/30/2017 at 5:58 PM, GDM/PV said:

"What's a "hamdstack"????  :4chsmu1:  I've seen a number of handstacks over the years, but that's new to me,........."Just-messing with ya" :brows:,...Not to get off of the subject (this thread), but, do you know a guy named Mike Schizzel ???  I have taken him out with his new 2300 a couple of times and he mentioned your name to me.  Gary

Doesn't ring a bell. If he new me I wouldn't have recommended a 2300, not a fan. Beware of imitation boulder dash!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, boulder dash said:

Doesn't ring a bell. If he new me I wouldn't have recommended a 2300, not a fan. Beware of imitation boulder dash!

My mistake,.... His name is Mica Schizzel.  He is a realtor down here in Prescott Valley.  He has a claim along side of "Bunk's" over at Rich Hill.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:57 PM, AzNuggetBob said:

When I see stacked rocks I hunt it blond or not.

I`m just funnin Bob, those are actually my handstacks.  Aparently, Tom has found a gully I drywashed over a year ago

On 12/31/2017 at 2:05 PM, GDM/PV said:

bedrock (host rock)

Big difference between bedrock, and host rock

On 12/31/2017 at 3:12 PM, TomH said:

But...it was Lynx Creek! 

I knew it Tom !  Having never been there, I just didnt realize how arid it really is.

8 hours ago, GDM/PV said:

His name is Mica Schizzel

I know Micah Schisel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adam said:

I`m just funnin Bob, those are actually my handstacks.  Aparently, Tom has found a gully I drywashed over a year ago

Big difference between bedrock, and host rock

I knew it Tom !  Having never been there, I just didnt realize how arid it really is.

I know Micah Schisel

"yes", I believe he mentioned your name as well as boulder dash's when we where out at his claim at Rich Hill.

1 hour ago, GDM/PV said:

"yes", I believe he mentioned your name as well as boulder dash's when we where out at his claim at Rich Hill.

Well................Scheiße bits  :)

Looks like you two know him.

Tom H.

On 12/30/2017 at 8:14 AM, boulder dash said:

Very impressive hamdstacks you found there. I don't think I did those.

Do boulders dash when they see you approaching. Or is it the other way around?