Nugget Shooter Forums

I learned of this forum, and website, from another forum I have been a long member off. On the other forum my first stop was always the Gold Prospecting area. Well now that I found you folks,,,, well you get the idea.

Anyway, long time metal detectorist, relic hunter mostly. Big Big interest in Prospecting, but now the killer, I live in Upstate NY, most all of my prospecting is through the words I read and the videos I watch, although I have a pan and do hit local streams in my area, (do find some great looking rocks) and have a ball doing it. Well just wanted to say hello and you will see me in the pages here. Thanks,     CooperGold Prospecting Forum

We welcome all who are interested in electronic prospecting ... gold, silver, meteorites and treasures ... so welcome to the Mayhem!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

We welcome all who are interested in electronic prospecting ... gold, silver, meteorites and treasures ... so welcome to the Mayhem!

.... plus we welcome all who are interested in the more traditional methods (gravity separation, water use etc.) of gold recovery, the following link takes you to that specific forum area.

http://nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/forum/7-gold-prospecting/

Welcome aboard.

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 1

Thanks Gents, I am presently at work so I have been working (READING THE FORUMS) hard. Can't wait to get home with free time tonight to spend some time going through a lot of the pages here.   Coop.

Welcome Cooper, glad to have you here!

There is gold to be found in New York state albeit glacial gold and maybe only a spec or 2 here and there, I know several people up your way and they hae found their share of these specs, have you found any as of yet?

If so please share with us, if not keep trying, I know the Finger Lakes region has been known to have some glacial gold to be found.

8 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Welcome Cooper, glad to have you here!

There is gold to be found in New York state albeit glacial gold and maybe only a spec or 2 here and there, I know several people up your way and they hae found their share of these specs, have you found any as of yet?

If so please share with us, if not keep trying, I know the Finger Lakes region has been known to have some glacial gold to be found.

No nothing yet, I pull a pail now and then and practice panning.  But, it's allot of fun trying.

26 minutes ago, Cooper said:

No nothing yet, I pull a pail now and then and practice panning.  But, it's allot of fun trying.

If you're in the NE area of New York you may want to try doing some panning in Vermont as well, which has a bit of gold in the streams to be found.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

If you're in the NE area of New York you may want to try doing some panning in Vermont as well, which has a bit of gold in the streams to be found.

Maine to :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Maine to :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

Yes Maine has some very nice gold and most of it is native gold unlike in New York which only has glacial gold, and better gold than Vermont albeit a bit further away from New York than Vermont, I have seen nuggets well over 1/2 ounce that were found in Maine but not the norm, but many, many small nuggets have been found along with plenty of fine gold and unless things have changed lately you can even dredge in Maine.

Here's a relatively recent article on gold prospecting in Vermont.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/life/2016/07/13/vermont-gold-panning-hobby/86871928/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Yes Maine has some very nice gold and most of it is native gold unlike in New York which only has glacial gold, and better gold than Vermont albeit a bit further away from New York than Vermont, I have seen nuggets well over 1/2 ounce that were found in Maine but not the norm, but many, many small nuggets have been found along with plenty of fine gold and unless things have changed lately you can even dredge in Maine.

Here's a relatively recent article on gold prospecting in Vermont.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/life/2016/07/13/vermont-gold-panning-hobby/86871928/

Good article thanks, visit Maine allot, will have to research there also.