Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

massive flake day out in the hills................

Ok, guys, gals and kids...grab a drink  and enjoy the ride :)

So, it starts out with meeting Arctic Dave and James after much google earth chat.............We are going to go into a spot I found at the outing and poke around.

Dave says...Hey! there is a shorter way in there...so I trust him...shorter does NOT mean easier!!!..

We get to a spot where im watching James hang off the side of the Rhino to keep its feet on ground so they can get out of it..

Now its my turn. After sliding down into this gulch in the road 3 times we decide to build a ramp to get my YOTO out of it.

Lots of rock and dirt...............

After the build, im crawling up with Dave pointing me where to go......my puker facter is at about 50...I look at my tilt meter on the dash and its at 30......NICE...im at the tipping point...but the YOTO is grabbing and I shoot up and out of the mess to find a nice flat spot.

James tells me afterwards Dood! your left wheels were coming off  the ground....NO CHIT!!!! My balloon knot told me that!

Whew... I knew if I did flip I would not go far...just into the bank..but would have to do some sheet metal repair.

So,out of that and we are on are way :)

Smooth skooting after that.

Get to the area and detect a lot......got lots of old lead and trash , so its a nice area that has not been hunted.

After coming down the mountain I wanted to stop at my area  I found during the outing.

Im not to good at hard rock/vien type stuff so I asked Dave what he thought of a vein I found and if this is what you look for?
Heck Yah!!............that is what your looking for he said.

So. I took a couple of pieces of it out and took it home.

Crushed it up and well............................Lo and behold there was a nice flake in it.

Yup....gonna go back and beep it with the monster and dig a little deeper.

All in a days worth or fun :)
Tom H.

DSC04164.JPG

DSC04149.JPG

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

Way to go Tom. Wouldn't it be something if this turns out to be one of those zillion dollar mines that you hear about. Did any one else find anything.

Pretty sweet Tom!

Very nice Tom !!

LMAO !!    ...some of the language in your description   :laught16:

Luke

• Like 1

Great story Tom. Your "Balloon knot" haha jeez.

• Haha 1

Cool find and so the Rhino got a workout eh? Hmmmmmmm :inocent:

• Like 2

Holy chit is right!! You found gold in a vein!!:yesss::thumbsupanim

Great story too, thanks Tom!

• Like 1

Very nice story Tom. I appreciate all the details and the jokes. a lot to be learned there too. I get the feeling it wont be long and you'll be hooked on hardrocking. but you do have to dig a little deeper.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

Great story Tom ... almost lost coffee at the 'balloon knot' ... hard swallow saved the day! :ROFL: Nice little flake ... looks like you may have found something we all dream about. Good luck with the hard rock area.

Neat you found gold....

How about a definition of "massive flade " for me...

All the other guys found bullets and trash..

Yah, Flade....suppose to be FLAKE..but I couldnt edit after I posted.

Tom H.

Hey Tom, I was a bit confused with your Title :idunno: until I read your story (experience),........ Quite the day Aaaaaaa !??  Interesting outing.  Cool little flake.  I have yet to find any gold in any of the rocks that I have crushed over the years....  I guess I wasn't meant to be a hard rock miner.  I always carry a Come-along and chains in my pickup just for unexpected situations that may develop like that.  I have been stuck (toooooo-many-times) in sand and silt in washes over the years.  Gary   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Cool find and so the Rhino got a workout eh? Hmmmmmmm :inocent:

I know nothing :200:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

That used to be an eezy peezy trail...till last summers monsoons. 

You lived to tell the tale, so it wasn't too bad. :25r30wi:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Now that's exciting.  I would like to hear about further samples of the ore.  I also picture that as a round nugget pounded flat.  If that ground is not claimed, may be worth another trip out there.

• Like 1

I hate those pucker factors :ROFL:. . .  but some times that's what it takes to get where ya-wanna be..  congrats!!

• Like 1

How Arctic Dave looked when questioned about his endeavor !

367bfdf04925024ffe4e22252b33e533a4b77ede146dbcfb985e332d0bcfd8c8.jpg

• Haha 4

That was I was thinkin Frank! Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to spell "nothing" so it sounded German :ROFL:

Is it possible the flake  just fell into a crack of the vein ? reason I say that is because when ever Ive  crushed any gold ore there was always some fines with the bigger peices  :nutty: Mike C...:200:

If there'd been a chunk of coal in the crack of my ass, it'd be a diamond by now... pucker factor for sure... be safe out there!!!!!

2 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

That was I was thinkin Frank! Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to spell "nothing" so it sounded German :ROFL:

Welll, if it was coming from Schultz on "Hogan's Heros" it would be spelled: nussing, with a soft u..
But if it was coming from a "real" German it would be spelled: nussink, with a soft u..

Dialects -- who knew..? :89:

Swamp

• Like 2

SWAMPSTOPPER AL
                                                MOX NIX  !!

:ROFL::4chsmu1:

• Haha 1