Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DOC

Anyone know the name of the gentleman with the big rig outing before last

Outing before last down at Jackass flats there was a gentleman that came with an 18 wheeler and joined in the festivities.

He had the same surgery I am going to have and I was hoping someone would remember his name so I could ask him some questions.  I go for surgery December 6th.

They are going to fuse my left SI joint, pelvis to tail bone on my left side.  Wait 6 to 8 weeks and then do the right side.  They drive three triangular titanium pins through the pelvis and into your tailbone to stabilize it.

Unfortunately I will never be able to have children again natural child birth because my pelvis will no longer be able to spread apart.  darn it, I was so looking forward to Lamaze  classes.

I've been putting up with this for over 10 years, I can't take it anymore.  I'm fine as long as I don't do anything, but if I prospect and walk a lot, then I am laid up for three days.  If I lift anything over 15 pounds, go up a ladder, climb stairs, twist wrong.  My tail bone keeps slipping down in between my pelvis and it gets stuck.  Sometimes my left leg will be 2 inches shorter than the other.  This is no good for prospecting because I just go around in a circle for 8 hours.  This comes from your ligaments and muscles no longer being able to firmly hold your pelvis together against the tail bone.

You might ask yourself how I injured my SI joint in this manner... TWERKING of course.  :ROFL:

Doc

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Going around in circles for hours will make sure you cover the ground properly!  :ROFL: Cheers, Unc

14 hours ago, DOC said:

Outing before last down at Jackass flats there was a gentleman that came with an 18 wheeler and joined in the festivities.

He had the same surgery I am going to have and I was hoping someone would remember his name so I could ask him some questions... < snip > 

Doc

Doc -- check your PM..

Swamp

Thank you Al!  Talked to River, and he gave me some good information about do's don't during recuperation.  He told me that basically he stayed drunk for 3 days after surgery on Royal Crown and Coca Cola and when he sobered up it didn't hurt anymore.   Being I quit drinking when I was 34 years old, I don't think that's going to work for me.  :ROFL:

Doc

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Doc;

if you have not tried Hypnosis, you might consider finding a licensed therapist...I know some will sneer. Nonetheless; many have had great pain management successes with H...

best wishes on the surgery

fred 

Doc,

Good luck with the procedure.

Your details leave most of us cringing from what you are about to experience.  All of us will keep in mind your situation that causes it to happen.

I have friends that are very grateful AFTER the recovery period and they would do it again.  Just tell them whenever they are done you want your ass to be off the ground because that is where you have to swing your coils!

Mitchel

• Haha 1