Nugget Shooter Forums
GDM/PV

"LOWPOINT GOLD"

I thought I'd share a few photo's of a spot (location) where I have been "Digg'n , undermining; and rolling boulders; as well as picking and shoveling overburden for a while now.  I have been able to take home many nuggets from this area (most I have posted already), but it hasn't been easy.  It has been very labor-intensive to say the least, and in most of the area I have had to dig down between 2 foot to 2 1/2 Foot just to get to bedrock.  Most of the area has had very good indicators:  a very pronounced inside bend approaching two huge bedrock outcroppings that extend across the wash from bank to bank, as well as much boulder blocking (just upstream) of the bedrock outcroppings.  Most of the lone boulders that are pictured where too big for me to actually pick up, so I had to undermine them with a pick and shovel, detect that area, and then "gruntingly" roll them back into the area that I had already detected.  The single nugget weighed in at .75 of-a-gram, and the other photo is just-a-few of the last nuggets that I was able to take home from there.  Other than utilizing obvious indicators of gold, sometimes it take a bit more than just swinging a detector to actually get to the good stuff.  Enjoy,......  Gary 

100_2746.JPG

100_2748.JPG

100_2733.JPG

100_2734.JPG

100_2735.JPG

100_2736.JPG

100_2738.JPG

100_2741.JPG

100_2739.JPG

100_2740.JPG

100_2743.JPG

100_2744.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, GDM/PV said:

sometimes it take a bit more than just swinging a detector to actually get to the good stuff. 

You got that right Gary!!

Nice gold and thanks for sharing all the great pics, wouldnt mind seeing more of that on here. WTG!:thumbsupanim

• Like 2

Dern Gary! Youre one hard working son of a gun...and it pays off :)

Tks for the education.
WTG on the gold.

Tom H.

• Like 1

Awesome gold and you earned it. :yesss:  Makes my back hurt just looking at all those boulders. 

• Like 1

Wowsers !!  :WOW:

Very impressive work.

Nice gold too....  :)

Luke

• Like 1

Any fines in the creek or is it just coarse gold? Would be cool to drywash if there were fines in that sand.

• Like 1

Oh Yea, that huge boulder in the 8th photo had stopped and "had-been" balanced :ROFL: on top of the smaller round boulder until I undermined it and then pushed it (to the left) where it slid down along side.  And, the large boulder up on the bank (to the left of the huge boulder, photo # 9) is no longer perched up on it's throne,.:brows:..  I managed to pry it loose upon-which it broke in half so that I could then skid it down next-to the huge boulder.......:4chsmu1:.......  all in a days work when there is gold involved.  Gary 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Desertpilot said:

Any fines in the creek or is it just coarse gold? Would be cool to drywash if there were fines in that sand.

There "may be"????  I have never attempted to go after fines, as this wash is normally always dry, and way to far away to haul in water (remote).  All of the nuggets that I have taken out of this wash are course-chunky gold, with very little having been traveled very far.

I was just curious because where I live it seems if the gold is chunky then it's rare to find a bunch of fines and if there is a bunch of fines it's rare to find big chunky gold. Just curious if it's the same story in your area? I'm planning to placer a spot this weekend where the water slows down pretty good during floods to see if there is anything interesting on bedrock? I'm guessing it will be two to three feet to bedrock looking at the sides of the wash. Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

That is allot of work there sir! tally ho..... and nice nuggets.

• Like 1

Cool! Lots of hard work indeed. 

• Like 1

aH! ... A slave to the gold! Great work Gary! Nice gold too!

• Like 1

What everyone else has said.. :WOW: :yesss:

The only thing I was going to add / ask Desertpilot already has..
So yeah, I am curious what a vac & dry washing would turn up there..?

WTG Gary..! That is truly going the extra detecting mile..! :thumbsupanim

Swamp

• Like 1

WOW whole lotta work but nice gold for sure-kudos wish I was young again...John

19 minutes ago, Hoser John said:

WOW whole lotta work but nice gold for sure-kudos wish I was young again...John

"Define YOUNG",....  I was born in 1947, which should put me about 70-years-Young.  I just enjoy the challenge and the search (and of course the GOLD).  What feels good is being right regarding my choice of where to dig. :4chsmu1: Gary

• Like 4

To me being young again is being ready, willing and able to indulge in such vigorous attempts to get at the gold. NOT being able to go to such extremes is indeed vexing but at least I did for many many years,hence envy to say the least.John :old:

02-28-2013 07;15;44PM clear creek triple 6.JPG

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Hoser John said:

To me being young again is being ready, willing and able to indulge in such vigorous attempts to get at the gold. NOT being able to go to such extremes is indeed vexing but at least I did for many many years,hence envy to say the least.John :old:

02-28-2013 07;15;44PM clear creek triple 6.JPG

Well, we all have out limitations, and sadly they become more prominent as we get older.  You can only do what you can do at any given moment, so do all you can-do when you still can.  Hey, nice looking dredge,... I'll bet that was a producer.  Are you still allowed to dredge over there??  Your location says that you are out of Redding, Cal.  I used to ride bulls over there whenever there was a rodeo back in the late 60's to early 70's.  One of my limitations,... I can't do that anymore.  Gary   

• Haha 1

That type of exercise sure beats a 24Hr Fitness membership!!  Nice gold.

• Like 2

Gary,

That is a great lesson for us.  Are you the first one to stack in that wash or were there signs it had been done before?

Mitchel

No more dredging or mechanized water mining in calif. ,legally that is. Waiting on Judge now for his written ruling on many aspects. I loved all mining anywhere using anything as a addict and proud to be a has been. Still detecting but even a sluicebox will/can get you in trouble here now....sic sic sic illegal harrrasment-John

Edited by Hoser John
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Gary,

That is a great lesson for us.  Are you the first one to stack in that wash or were there signs it had been done before?

Mitchel

No one has ever stacked, nor relocated overburden in this wash; and I think that the only others (few if any) that had tried to detect here where the guys who had the early VLF detectors.  But I'm sure that the high mineralization and overabundant supply of iron stone hot rocks made them seek easier ground to hunt.  Most likely drove them "Nuts".  Gary

• Like 2