Nugget Shooter Forums
Rocky

2,837grams of NWA fun for the winter!!!

Hi y'all,

I thought I'd share my excitement with you. I received a shipment of 2,837 grams of meteorites over the past month to keep myself content and occupied for the winter. I will clean them all up and perhaps cut a few but I think for the most part they are weathered enough to not look very spectacular on the inside but a few have some nice shapes to them so anyways here they are.

IMAG1311~2.jpg

• Like 2

Finally!! I cleaned some, I have about 36 ready to photograph, I'll try to post as many as possible. Enjoy responsibly!!:ROFL:

17 grams, weathered to Haiti's, top left just between my index and middle finger is a nice big chondrule just beneath the surface.

IMAG1536.jpg

IMAG1535.jpg

11 grams, Extraterrestrial Arrowhead, cool shape!! But what is the stuff on the back of this, glossy white, and hard like enamel???

IMAG1546.jpg

IMAG1547.jpg

23 grams, Little beauty, a tree ghost face!! Pardon me but I feel connected to earth, hence all the animal/artifact associations.

IMAG1579.jpg

IMAG1577.jpg

3 minutes ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Rocky....pretty cool looks like you will be busy this winter..

Thank you Bud!! Sure will be!!

I hope y'all know I take meteorites very serious as you can tell by the photography but I also like to use my imagination especially with these sweet little NWA's with no official credentials. I'm not going to try to do anything scientific with them except slice and polish occasionally for a look inside. Just wanted to clarify so you don't think I'm just a crazy posting images with strange associations. That's the beauty of weathered meteorites, earth and time equals cool outcomes. I have legitimate classified meteorites as well. 

8 hours ago, Rocky said:

28 grams, some remanent crust, I like this one because it's shaped like the country in which it was found!!!

Pssst... continent, not country. :arrowheadsmiley:

Hopefully some will be a nice surprise when you slice them open, like today's MPOD: http://www.tucsonmeteorites.com/mpodmain.asp?DD=12/13/2017

• Haha 1