Nugget Shooter Forums
LukeJ

Tuesday hunt with TomH

Hey everyone...

I was able to get out this morning for a great day in the desert to enjoy some good company and some awesome weather.  Tom did the driving and I didn't pay much attention to where we ended up, but he seemed to know where we were and I got the feeling he'd been there a few times.  We hiked like a thousand miles, and after 20 minutes or so, we were able to fire up the detectors and see who could beat the skunk first.  Well I'd love to say it was me, but 10 minutes later, Tom was hollering, and he found a nice one in a shallow resting place. :thumbsupanim

Now it was on...:head:   We had the whole day and I had to find at least one piece before we went home.  I went up one gully and down another.  Before I knew it, two hours had passed and I had circled around and was right upstream from where Tom found the first one.  I knew he had gone downstream so I started heading up, back towards my backpack.  Then I heard what I was looking for,  the sweet mellow sound of gold.  :yesss:  I found my nugget, 10 feet from where I put my backpack down when we first got there....:arrowheadsmiley:

We detected for about 6 hours total and Tom scored a few more little guys like the one he found first.  Maybe he'll post them up if he's not too embarrassed.  :4chsmu1:

Good times...   Thanks to Tom for offering to drive today.  :D

Luke

20171121_145622 (2).jpg

Edited by LukeJ
changed great to awesome because it was
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Ok.....I got a few :) It was a great time out today. We concentrated on some tribs in the upper end of a wash that was very kind to Dad and I in the past.

Have to admit, its the fastest first nugget Ive ever found. I moved downstream and Luke moved up. Go figure, I got 2 more 2+ grammers as I was making my way to another trib that has never given me anything. I found the little guy in the same hole as one of the 2 grammers at about a foot deep. Would not have heard it if it wasn't for the bigger guy. Go up the trib that's never given up anything and im about 100 yards from the top and about to turn around to hunt another area. Forced myself to keep going as I was already way up the mountain. Got to about 20 yards from the top and I find the 3.8 gram specie! YAH!! Glad I kept going. The first fat one was a reverse signal.............so, dig em all.

Good Lord really blessed me today. Got over 1/3 of a oz. :yesss: Been a long time since Ive had a day like today.

Tom H.

SAM_1778.JPG

SAM_1782.JPG

SAM_1785.JPG

• Like 13

2 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Maybe he'll post them up if he's not too embarrassed.  :4chsmu1:

Hahaha! Embarrased....

30 minutes ago, TomH said:

Ok.....I got a few :) It was a great time out today.

Sure looks like it!! Awesome Tom!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Wow!  I guess you didn't want the outing participants to follow you out there!  haha  That is a great day Tom.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Hey Now,...  Those are some mighty fine looking nuggets "both" you guys got.  I like what you said Tom:  "I Forced myself to keep going" ... I have done that a lot as well; and time and time again I have yet to be disappointed.  At times when I am digging and removing boulders, rocks, and overburden, and have gotten pretty tired, and ready to quit for the day;  but I'll sit back and think:  "I need to dig just one more foot"  and that's when the 2+ grammer shows up :ROFL: to excite my day.      Oh yea LUKE,  I thought I'd head out to the Double JJ claim today to check it out "once-again" ... Ventured up and detected 3-different washes, and I got to tell ya:  "That area SUCKS ! ! :grr01:"  My "worst"-dead-pounded area is better than that whole claim.  Good to see you guys got some nice looking color today.  Gary     

• Like 2

Hey Guys, Sounds like a great day out !  Congrats on the pieces :yesss:

• Like 2

Nice find there Luke ... persistence does pay off and keeps the skunk down more times than not! Positive attitude is better than half the battle. If you think you WILL get a nugget your chances are much better than even! :old:

• Thanks 1

Best advice ever-Dig'm all!! John

• Like 3

Then again, if your name is Luke, the force tends to be with you :brows: Nice job, Luke.

You too, Tom.  I don't often get to use the ounce button on my scale.  Sweeet!!

Edited by Andyy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Wow!  I guess you didn't want the outing participants to follow you out there!  haha  That is a great day Tom.

Mitchel

Oh, if they want to follow and destroy their vehicle.....I guess that's ok :)
Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TomH said:

Oh, if they want to follow and destroy their vehicle.....I guess that's ok :)
Tom H.

I'll come over and follow you!  :arrowheadsmiley:

• Like 1

Luke and TomH, congrats on scoring some awesome gold. Nice to see your hard work payoff.  :yesss:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WTG guys! Definitely an impressive haul for 6 hours, Tom. Congrats!!!

And Luke... You used to find nuggets within 50 ft from where you parked your truck. This time you hiked in a ways and eventually found your nugget around 10 ft from where you put your backpack. That's almost freaky... Maybe next time you should start at your pack and work your way out from there. :4chsmu1: Nice nugget!

Lisa

• Like 3
  • Haha 2