Nugget Shooter Forums
ssweat

Hunted an Arizona WW2 desert training camp Saturday.

Hunted an Arizona WW2 desert training camp Saturday (sorry I missed the nuggetshooter event).always find something interesting down there, and its always riddled with razor blades, nails and other trashy debris. Bought a 30" magnetic sweeper and took it down to try to lessen the headaches seemed to work pretty well. I had my CTX3030 and my buddy Doug A. Hole had his XP Deus. This was my first trip down there with the CTX. I ran it on GoneHunting combine #1 and it did very well pulling the targets out. It was the largest con day for me down there to date. 1 mercury dime, 4 wheat pennies, 1 war nickel, and 1 buffalo nickel. I still dont like the weight of the CTX( I refuse to wear a Minelab bra lol) and had to switch arms on occasion, but it sure does work well. I think Minelab finally caught on and trimmed the weight a bit. looking to get an Equinox 800 on release, but the CTX will stay in the arsenal it has some strengths that are unmatched. Heres a little drone footage a small overview of the camp(need to polish my drone skills) and my finds. Notice how they lined the roads and walkways with rock, amazing how much effort and how straight they all are.

coins.jpg

Edited by ssweat
  • Like 3

Cool man! Looks like a good time.

• Like 1

Good Stuff for sure.     I hit the old Camp Cody just at the edge of town here once in a while.   I don't do nearly that good. 

• Like 1

Sweet silver, a Buff, and Wheats - that is a great day of coinshooting! :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Way to go on the coins :)
Ive wanted to hunt the old baracks areas around Luke in the past.

Now, if you could just find where the Pub was...lots of spilled money there I bet.

Tom H.

Like the drone shot.  The jerky motion can be eliminated by slowing down gimbal speed in the settings.  I am also trying to take smoother drone shots.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredmason said:

btw; for those that don't know...42-45 nickels are about 50% silver as I recall....check the redbook.

Yes you're correct Fred, except the early 1942 nickels (type 1) are not, but they are worth a little bit more then the silver alloy (type 2) 1942 nickels.

On 12/1/2017 at 5:49 PM, fredmason said:

btw; for those that don't know...42-45 nickels are about 50% silver as I recall....check the redbook.

Ayup.. 35% actually, so close enuff for gummit contract bidding..

56% Copper; remainder manganese..

Swamp