Nugget Shooter Forums
Mxt Sniper

Two Seater or Single Seater?

I recently with great regret sold my 86 ct110 for a tidy sum due to health concerns, and now I am interested in finding a EFI Rhino, or a 2009-2010 Razor to detect with next summer, anyone been detecting with a single seater Polaris Ace 570? Looks a might tight for cargo but maybe doable. Can't spend too much as on limited income since retired. Maybe a max of 6500. The single seater Ace 570 interests me since I could pick up one of those for 6K or less in a 2015 lightly used.

I use a ATV instead of a side by side as it fits in the bed of my truck and is easier on narrow trails an in narrow washes.

The back of my truck is used for sleeping and some food storage when camped on the gold fields, I have a camper shell with pad and carpet for comfort. I am planning on buying a decent size trailer to tow a utv. I do know what you mean about a narrow atv to fit the trails, that is what peaked my interest in the Polaris Ace 570 w/45hp, same width as a larger quad yet is a sit in machine with full roll cage. It has a top speed of right at 60 mph on the flats, the new Ace 900 is 11" wider than the 570 and fuel consumption can be a problem with the Ace 900 if traveling long distance. The older Razor 800's are 50" machines when stock so for a two seater its very narrow.

Edited by Mxt Sniper

I'm happy with my RZR 570, built a rack for the back, but miss my Prowler, it had more room. Once you add your wife or hunting partner, lunch, water, metal detectors, drywasher, there is not much room left, and don't forget a spare tire, jack , duck tape and a few tools, you will not squeeze that in an ACE. Unless you can weld or want to spend another $900 for a rack, buy a larger SxS.(Ranger, prowler ,Yamaha, etc)

I have a Polaris Ranger and I love the extra room.....this last outing I was able to take a couple of riders out with me so I did not go alone.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 9:32 PM, jjbond said:

I use a ATV instead of a side by side as it fits in the bed of my truck and is easier on narrow trails an in narrow washes.

And is easier to hide :4chsmu1: Mike C...:200:

I have a 2012 Polaris RZR 800 ... comfortable, fast, nimble and a pleasure to ride over almost any terrain. And only 50" wide so it takes easily to all but the skinniest trails ... read that motorcycle/rokon trails. The one problem I have is capacity. It is just me and Max my black lab so the cockpit is full with people/dog/water/bowl/small cooler/tire jack. The 'bed' is odd shaped and small for all the gear I want when I venture well off road. Put a spare tire, survival gear and gas can in and the drywasher and related gear or the detector gear and accessaries have a hard time finding room to ride along. I have sometimes serious concerns and thoughts about finding an older Polaris Ranger 400 .... that's the two seater, smaller unit. I am looking at that because I know that the hight of the newer ones won't fit inside my 2001 21' Prowler Toy hauler without removing the stationary bunk bed which I only use for storage. I tried sleeping in that bunk once ... claustrophobic and hard for this old man to get out of bed 2-3 times per night down a precariously placed ladder! Anyway off subject. If I found someone willing to trade for a fair price a good working Ranger 400 and a few dollars for my RZR I would probably do the deal. The Ranger makes a much better prospecting rig than the RZR other than for speed and agility ... I have driven both extensively so know the limitations of both.