Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

What a Rig!

Well now!!!! I reckon it's time to take my little Polaris, tail between my legs and go sit in the corner...:cry2:

What a beast!!!!

Jen

I'm thinking of all the stored goods in the trailer behind. Can't imagine opening the cabinets after you got to camp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how much gold it would take to pay that off?

• Like 1

I wonder just how that thing would progress if it wasn't pulling all that weight?  Then again it might help a little by putting more weight on the front tracks.  Looks like something that the Ruskies might have dreamed up.  

Old Tom

Well, one thing for sure...if you got stuck in that thing...YOUR STUCK!:2mo5pow:
Tom H.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bill Southern said:

Can't watch at all.. Any way to post it off of facebook, Bill..? Won't let me view without first signing up..

Or, does the vid have a title..? Usually a Google search entry can view a specific whatever sans hassle.. Usually..

Swamp

Here ya Go.

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Tom said:

I wonder just how that thing would progress if it wasn't pulling all that weight?  Then again it might help a little by putting more weight on the front tracks.  Looks like something that the Ruskies might have dreamed up.  

Old Tom

The "trailer" is powered as well, if it wasn't for the tralier he would have gotten stuck several times IMHO!!

See the link below.

2 hours ago, TomH said:

Well, one thing for sure...if you got stuck in that thing...YOUR STUCK!:2mo5pow:
Tom H.

He sure did try his hardest to get it stuck!!

54 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Can't watch at all.. Any way to post it off of facebook, Bill..? Won't let me view without first signing up..

Or, does the vid have a title..? Usually a Google search entry can view a specific whatever sans hassle.. Usually..

Swamp

Here some info Al, it is a Hagglunds Bandvagn 206, developed for the Swedish Army, but it appears that many countries use these for extremme conditions, and from what I read even the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandvagn_206

Here are some more videos from Youtube.

Some military action.

I guess they sorta float!!

And of course the Russian have to always go BIGGER!!!

If the BV206 is a BEAST then this is a monster!!

• Like 1

Its called a SUSV

An acquaintance  I knew back home in AK, with more money than sense, bought one of those dang things. He spent more time fixing it than using it. They work okay in a some terrain...but rocks of any sort demolished it in short order. The idler bogeys were particularly susceptible to damage. He did get it stuck in a swamp once that I know of....cost him 7 grand to get a D10 out into the boonies to extract it from the goo. He sold it shortly after that. 

When off road....lighter is better. :old:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArcticDave said:

Its called a SUSV

Yes that's what  the US military calls them, still a Hägglunds BV206 in reailty.

• Like 1

Learned something new this morning! Everybody back home just calls them SUSV's because thats what the Army calls them. Not as many of them around anymore. Mostly HEMTT's and now STRYKR's

I spent a LOT of time on Ft Richardson outside of Anchorage as the warranty rep for OshKosh. I performed warranty recalls on hundreds of HEMTT's. Which mostly consisted of removing a grease zerk from the streering column and securing the harness with super huge zip ties to keep it from chaffing on the column. Ahhh...the good old days. Easiest job I ever had. The hardest part was tracking each unit down. Amazing how the Army could loose a frickin HEMTT...:25r30wi:

Edited by ArcticDave
  • Haha 2